EA says it’s achieved its highest ever Q1 financial results

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
ea-featured-image-generic-brand-logo.png.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.png

EA says its first quarter financial results for its current fiscal year were its highest ever.

• Jedi Survivor is a "commercial success" with "millions of players". They also state players are spending more time in-game than did with Fallen Order
  • The company’s net bookings for the quarter were $1.578 billion, up 21% compared to the same period in the previous financial year.
  • According to EA, the main reason for the record-breaking period were the continuaing popularity of FIFA 23, and the release of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

Net bookings cover the net amount of products and services sold digitally or sold-in physically, and includes not just game sales but other income including licensing fees, merchandise and in-game ads.

“FIFA Ultimate Team engaged tens of millions of fans and daily average users grew 15%,” CEO Andrew Wilson said during an earnings call. “FIFA Mobile attracted over 65 million new players in the quarter alone. FIFA Online produced double-digit growth across monthly, weekly and daily average users.”

FIFA 23’s Q1 net bookings were also a record for the history of the franchise, with CFO Stuart Canfield saying it

ty”.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Dead Space didn’t move much it seems but Jedi Surivor has had some serious hang time to where I think it’s outperformed RE4. Pretty impressive.

Wonder what’ll happen with FIFA being dropped. Will there be another game with the FIFA branding? Something as stupid as that could confuse a good amount of consumers if another game now has that branding.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Jedi Survivor was a game I was really looking forward to and on a base level, it is enjoyable but then when you step back and consider what it is, it's very disappointing to me.

The combat was very flat-footed and had no attack cancel, so you have to finish the animation basically. Had very few combinations, few ways to mix things up, very few force powers, easy to expend your force energy bar...... and it was filled with the same climbing and jumping from the first game.

I can understand why it did well though, people are starved for great single player AAA games and even Sony are beginning to get slow with getting them out...whereas they used to be very consistent tell last year.

It's hard for a game like Survivor to measure up against something like TLOU or Returnal though..... there's a huge gap.

Just shows that companies even as big as EA can't fill that high quality space that Sony have going.