Earth Defense Force 6 on Steam requires an Epic Games Account to play, game gets review bombed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Earth Defense Force 6 on Steam is requiring players to sing in into Epic Games Store, the result is a massive backlash from players and negative reviews.

klTV1Eg.jpeg
GTVyT-FaoAAuSFH

GTVyT9_aQAA3MRN

• thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
I have a different complain. Why does this look the same as the EDF game I played on my Vita 12 years ago.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I have a different complain. Why does this look the same as the EDF game I played on my Vita 12 years ago.
It's pretty much like CoD at this point. They add maybe one or 2 new things every game that's it. It must be cheap to make otherwise I couldn't believe them having 5 others games before this one.

• fire
Reactions: Orangee

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
What is COD to others, is EDF to me.
But unlike COD addicts, I'm aware and VERY disappointed that D3 has refused to move the franchise forward, and now includes so much DLC, editions of the digital version, and absurd pricing.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023

Small development team and the focus on more enemies, more destruction and more mutilation of the enemies. And now, with a lot of action, it runs at over 25 FPS instead of 10 FPS. I can understand if it doesn't appeal to some people visually, but in my opinion EDF is the only series that really presents action battles without compromise. The days of Red Faction, Battlefield Bad Company and Mercenaries are unfortunately over.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Pathetic crybabies 😂😂 if it effected performance, I would understand the complaints, but I'll never understand throwing a hissy fit over creating a free account that takes 10 seconds.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Pathetic crybabies 😂😂 if it effected performance, I would understand the complaints, but I'll never understand throwing a hissy fit over creating a free account that takes 10 seconds.

Agree, but at the same time, it's their job as a developer/publisher to avoid these type of pitfalls.
This was an unforced error.

It's a bit a shame since the game had more than double the CCU peak at launch than EDF5 which isn't too surprising considering the growth of Steam in Asia/Japan since 5. It's clear the series has been on an upward trajectory as well considering each game is selling better than the last but this probably knee capped the ceiling for this one release.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Just for online.
single player and split screen is still ok, right ?