Earth Defense Force 6 Review Thread and [OT]. "Helldivers arent the only big smashers around!"

What do you think will be its metascore?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

• 81-90

• 91-100

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1721744307144.png
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6

Developer
SANDLOT

Publisher
D3PUBLISHER

Release
Jul 25, 2024

Live the future of despair.The year is 2024 AD. The survivors fought against the remaining threats while trying their best to continue their recovery.Three years passed in the year 2027. In a new world without hope, the time has come to once again resist the fate of the Earth.

PLATFORM (S)​

PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Microsoft Windows

EDF 6 is a direct sequel to Earth Defense Force 5, picking up three years after that game left off, in 2025.

Trailers:

Reviews:

1721922721590.png

TouchArcade
JUL 24, 2024
For a game that can’t even hold a locked 60fps when running at 1080p on PS5, Earth Defense Force 6 on Steam Deck runs and looks a lot better than I expected. The game itself is a fantastic sequel to Earth Defense Force 5, and it might be my favorite game in the series yet. I’m looking forward to replaying many missions with friends and also getting the DLC packs in the near future. The wait for Earth Defense Force 6 in the West was long, but the payoff is absolutely worth it.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PC

PC Gamer
JUL 24, 2024
Earth Defense Force 6 is big, dumb co-op fun and a masterclass in asset recycling.
FULL REVIEW
PC

God is a Geek
JUL 25, 2024
With Earth Defense Force 6 the voice acting is hilarious, there's some cheesy dialogue, loads of shouting, chanting and singing, and a vibe that doesn’t take itself seriously at all. It is brilliant.
FULL REVIEW
PC

Worth Playing
JUL 25, 2024
In the end, Earth Defense Force 6 maintains the status quo set by Earth Defense Force 5. The initial tone might be an immediate cause for concern, but the quick pivot to more familiar elements reinforces the idea that the team still understands what makes the game appealing. The gameplay changes are mostly miniscule to the point where only the keen-eyed will notice too many things different beyond the bestiary. With a presentation that also remains unchanged, the game lives up to the ideal that it really is "more of the same." That's exactly what most fans want, and they'll certainly be most excited to get their hands on this game. For those hoping for some kind of evolution that doesn't rob the game of what made it a cult hit, there is little hope of that happening anytime soon, considering how divisive most of the past entries were.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PC

GamingTrend
JUL 25, 2024
Earth Defense Force 6 is a pretty basic game, but what it lacks in complexity, it makes up for in silly fun. Blowing up hordes and buildings with your buddy, using these wildly unbalanced weapons, all while losing our minds anytime the game tries to do cool things in the story, it all makes for an excellent experience in co-op. So really we feel we can only recommend this if you have someone to play with. You’re going to be buying a game that is extremely unpolished but will give you literal hours of laughing together with a friend and that’s worth every penny to be honest. Try EDF6 with a friend if you think this would be appealing to you. Just maybe try playing on PlayStation 4 or 5 instead for the smoother experience.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PC
tbd

Destructoid
JUL 25, 2024
I’ll get deeper into things when I’m ready to give you a full review, but that’s the warning I want to give if you’re eager to click the purchase button on Earth Defense Force 6. If you didn’t finish EDF 5, you aren’t missing much if you just go back and play that instead. If you did finish EDF 5, and want more, then this is a safe purchase. Earth Defense Force 6 is assuredly more Earth Defense Force. [Review in Progress]
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PC

1721926129138.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022