Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Pre-launch Trailer. |UP| Will be getting a sequel although creator has passed away.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Update 4/19

eiyuden_ss06-1024x576.jpg

Yoshitaka Murayama, the creator of Suikoden and its spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle, passed away in February due to complications with an ongoing illness. Murayama created the Suikoden series in the 1990s, and produced, wrote and directed the first three games in the series before leaving Konami to become a freelance developer.

In 2020, he founded Rabbit & Bear studios and launched a Kickstarter campaign for the series’ spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. However, his passing means he was not able to live to see the game’s release, which will be on April 23 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.

In a recent Reddit AMA about the game ahead of its release next week, senior members of the development team (using a single account) invited fans of the series to ask them questions.

One user asked:
What’s next for Rabbit & Bear? With the unfortunate passing of Murayama-san, are plans for a potential sequel to Eiyuden Chronicle up in the air (provided that the sales are well above or within expectations)?”
The studio replied that plans for a sequel had already been laid out by Murayama before his death, and that those plans would continue to go ahead.
“Absolutely! We are moving forward with a sequel

It replied.

“It is very sad that Murayama is not with us anymore, but we have discussed many things with him. I hope we will be able to carry on Murayama’s legacy, and I always want to treasure his last work. I hope many people will support this game.”

via VGC

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i'm always confused when I hear about Eiyuden Chronicle stuff because I'm not sure if this one is the game or not

but I guess this one, in fact, is the game.
LOL alot of Game titles throw me off I'm left wondering if it's a sequel to the one I saw or not lol

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
LOL alot of Game titles throw me off I'm left wondering if it's a sequel to the one I saw or not lol
They had launched some kind of mini prequel I think, which is why @Polyh3dron is saying he wasn't sure if this was supposed to be the main title they announced in the first place.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
eiyuden_ss06-1024x576.jpg

Yoshitaka Murayama, the creator of Suikoden and its spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle, passed away in February due to complications with an ongoing illness. Murayama created the Suikoden series in the 1990s, and produced, wrote and directed the first three games in the series before leaving Konami to become a freelance developer.

In 2020, he founded Rabbit & Bear studios and launched a Kickstarter campaign for the series’ spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. However, his passing means he was not able to live to see the game’s release, which will be on April 23 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.

In a recent Reddit AMA about the game ahead of its release next week, senior members of the development team (using a single account) invited fans of the series to ask them questions.

One user asked:
What’s next for Rabbit & Bear? With the unfortunate passing of Murayama-san, are plans for a potential sequel to Eiyuden Chronicle up in the air (provided that the sales are well above or within expectations)?”
The studio replied that plans for a sequel had already been laid out by Murayama before his death, and that those plans would continue to go ahead.
“Absolutely! We are moving forward with a sequel

It replied.

“It is very sad that Murayama is not with us anymore, but we have discussed many things with him. I hope we will be able to carry on Murayama’s legacy, and I always want to treasure his last work. I hope many people will support this game.”

via VGC

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: arvfab

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Has anyone backed this on kickstarter? Or planning on buying the early access deluxe version, Please do tell how the game is. Suikoden 3 is one of my favorite games so was planning on picking this up if it is half as good as the first 3 suikodens

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I got the greenmangaming discount so I'll be playing on normal launch day with the plebs

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
PS5 is the definitive version to play. Hence it makes sense since Genso Suikodem has birthed on PS One.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
looks like its a decent suikoden clone, will pick it up in may as I have no intention of playing lulblade 2