Elden Ring director Hidetaka Miyazaki has been named one of the 100 most influential people of 2023 by Time magazine

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
On April 13, 2023, the American news magazine " TIME" announced the 2023 list of the "100 Most Influential People in the World", which has been held every year since 2004. Among them, Hidetaka Miyazaki of From Software, a game developer, was selected.

He is the second Japanese game developer to be selected as one of Time magazine 's "100 Most Influential People in the World," following Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto in 2007. In addition, the latest work " Elden Ring " directed by Mr. Miyazaki won "Game of the Year" at all four major game awards in the world from 2022 to 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
The first time I played one of Hidetaka Miyazaki’s games, I was miserable. I kept dying on the first enemy over and over again. But when I slowed down my approach, paying attention to the details, it all of a sudden clicked. I managed to defeat the enemy and advance further into the game. I earned my progress and felt a sort of rush! And as I moved forward in the game, I was much more deliberate, careful in how I explored this world. And in return the world rewarded me with tension, beauty, and surprises.

That’s why Elden Ring—his massively popular 2022 hit—is a great ambassador for video games and the unique feelings they can effect in the player, feelings that a passive medium like TV can never re-create. Miyazaki’s games make the player feel accomplished and smart—and it’s all thanks to his and his team’s uncompromising approach. He refuses to overexplain the mechanics or the lore, but rather puts his trust in the player to figure it out on their own.

Druckmann, a video-game developer, co-created The Last of Us game and television series

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TubzGaming

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Don't know about him being one of top 100 most influential people in the world but he is the GoaT.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Threads Merged; Please make sure there are not already Threads before posting Threads about the same thing.
Thanks Ok GIF by Originals

• Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Miyazaki-1280x720.jpg

Hidetaka Miyazaki has been named one of the 100 most influential people of 2023 by Time magazine.

The From Software president has directed a string of highly influential games including Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne and most recently the fantasy blockbuster Elden Ring.

He becomes only the second video game developer to ever be featured on the Time 100 list, following Shigeru Miyamoto in 2007.

The annual list, which notes people of influence from all walks of life including politics, sport and the arts, also this year features US president Joe Biden, Elon Musk, and World Cup winner Lionel Messi.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Overrated creative, he's basically made the same janky game for a decade.
But he did made it so that people went nuts over it, overrated or not, the game is a massive success and will heavily influence new games over the years.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Easily the most important director in the past decade of games. Looking forward to FROMs influence over other talents!