Elden Ring: Shadow of The Erdtree Trailer. Rumored to release June 21,2024.|UP|First and Last' Elden Ring DLC, Fromsoft confirms.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Horizon's 2nd anniversary announcement same day as ER DLC trailer?

How can you come with that conclusion ( of elden ring developer trolling horizon anniversary tweet with a dlc )

Some seriously dumb copium you got there

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Physical retail versions of 'ELDEN RING: Shadow of The Erdtree' will only be available for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S (base game on disc + digital expansion)

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
miyazaki-afirma-que-dark-souls-2-foi-muito-importante-para-o-futuro-da-franquia-104204.jpg

With several more games released by FromSoftware since Dark Souls 2, Miyazaki now seems more comfortable entrusting future games to other directors, saying there

“is a high possibility that we would delegate responsibility of director to those other Souls-ish games going forward.”

It’s an idea he doubles-down on:

Yes, I think it’s very likely that we’ll see new directors going forward. And I think if we do that, I’d like to step away from that supervisory role and give them full direction and full control over those projects. I think really this is the best way and the easiest way for them to flourish within that environment and with those new projects.”

While Miyazaki doesn’t elaborate too much, he tells IGN that how he managed the role of Supervisor during work on Dark Souls 2 is “one little area of regret” for him. Personally, he enjoys “a lot of projects where I am director, so I think a supervisor role for me is just something I’m not used to and just is maybe not quite a good fit.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1708984542642.png

The upcoming expansion will also bring new gameplay elements, which Miyazaki revealed interesting details about in a recent interview with Famitsu. When asked about mechanics unique to the DLC, Miyazaki starts of by mentioning the addition of a “level-up element.” He explains it as follows: “You will best understand it if you imagine something akin to ‘Attack Power’ in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It’s something like an Attack Power separate from existing levels that is only effective within the DLC area.“

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree trailer footage

Attack Power in Sekiro refers to how much damage the player will deal to enemies with each attack, and this value increases as you progress through the game. Miyazaki explains that the purpose of adding such a mechanic to Shadow of the Erdtree is to give the player the freedom to decide how challenging they want the game to be even at higher levels. He describes this in simple terms – players who want to grind and defeat bosses more easily might decide that, “This boss is too strong, so I’ll explore some other area and challenge them again after I get stronger.” Alternatively, players can choose to take on bosses when at a lower level if they want to experience more of a challenge.

As another addition and the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC’s “selling point,” Miyazaki mentions various new weapons, magic spells and skills. The expansion will feature 8 new weapon types, as well as additions to existing weapons. Some of the new weapons will be more orthodox, such as a Japanese daitō (long sword) and sakabatō (reverse grip sword), but some will be more novel, like a dueling shield and throwing daggers.

The Elden Ring DLC “Shadow of the Erdtree ” is scheduled for release on June 21 for the PC (Steam), PS4/PS5 and Xbox series X|S/Xbox One.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update 2/26/24

The upcoming expansion will also bring new gameplay elements, which Miyazaki revealed interesting details about in a recent interview with Famitsu. When asked about mechanics unique to the DLC, Miyazaki starts of by mentioning the addition of a “level-up element.” He explains it as follows: “You will best understand it if you imagine something akin to ‘Attack Power’ in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It’s something like an Attack Power separate from existing levels that is only effective within the DLC area.“

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree trailer footage

Attack Power in Sekiro refers to how much damage the player will deal to enemies with each attack, and this value increases as you progress through the game. Miyazaki explains that the purpose of adding such a mechanic to Shadow of the Erdtree is to give the player the freedom to decide how challenging they want the game to be even at higher levels. He describes this in simple terms – players who want to grind and defeat bosses more easily might decide that, “This boss is too strong, so I’ll explore some other area and challenge them again after I get stronger.” Alternatively, players can choose to take on bosses when at a lower level if they want to experience more of a challenge.

As another addition and the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC’s “selling point,” Miyazaki mentions various new weapons, magic spells and skills. The expansion will feature 8 new weapon types, as well as additions to existing weapons. Some of the new weapons will be more orthodox, such as a Japanese daitō (long sword) and sakabatō (reverse grip sword), but some will be more novel, like a dueling shield and throwing daggers.

The Elden Ring DLC “Shadow of the Erdtree ” is scheduled for release on June 21 for the PC (Steam), PS4/PS5 and Xbox series X|S/Xbox One.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
shadow-of-the-erdtree-e-o-primeiro-e-ultimo-dlc-para-elden-ring-107242.webp

FromSoftware boss Hidetaka Miyazaki has confirmed that Shadow of the Erdtree will be the only expansion released for beloved role-playing game Elden Ring.

As reported by GamesRadar, Miyazaki told Chinese publication Zhihu that, unlike previous FromSoftware titles such as Dark Souls 3, the developer plans to release just one chunk of downloadable content for Elden Ring due to the nature of its open world.

"[Shadow of the Erdtree] is the first and last DLC, and we have no plans to add more content to Elden Ring,"
Miyazaki said, via machine translation.

via IGN

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sircaw

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Tired of the medieval stuff. Just release a Bloodborne spiritual successor on proper next generation tech. These souped up PS3 visuals and sub optimal performance don't cut it anymore.
Call the lies of P folks if you need some lessons.