emptyvessel Studio (former iD, Naughty Dog, COD devs + Mick Gordon) announce DEFECT - a cyberpunk squad based mp shooter

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Is this steam only? Disappointing if so
Yuh steam only is doa. A cyberpunk doom but much slower, dont think that will turn out well. Seems more tactical but what made doom so great is that fast pace action.

Also looks kinda generic from the tone/voice acting & characters. Should’ve went for a sci fi, cyberpunk but more horror that would’ve been cool

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The name is bad for SEO/SEM, but the game looks good. Weird to see they aren't announced console versions.

Maybe they signed a temporal console exclusive with Sony or MS and plan to announce it later in an upcoming State of Play or MS event.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I probably won't be playing this, but I'll give the OST a try(probably during a workout) considering it's Mick Gordon.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yuh steam only is doa. A cyberpunk doom but much slower, dont think that will turn out well. Seems more tactical but what made doom so great is that fast pace action.

Also looks kinda generic from the tone/voice acting & characters. Should’ve went for a sci fi, cyberpunk but more horror that would’ve been cool
maybe for you. peak Doom is 3 for me. which is more horror, spooky shooter.
this looks nothing like that but still looks good. let see what they will offer talking about environments, guns, enemies and make it more just shooting. characters, story is a must.