Entire Nether Realm Studios Mobile Team laid off

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to the details, NetherRealm Studios simply fired all the employees working in the mobile division. Now, many of these former employees are now looking for new job opportunities.

Good morning internet. Unfortunately, yesterday Netherrealm's mobile team was shut down. A ton of very talented people were put out of work. We had live services on multiple titles such as Mortal Kombat Mobile, Injustice 2, and Mortal Kombat Onslaught. I was also affected. Every single person I've worked with on that team is an amazing collaborator, passionate, and very creative. So, I am here to ask for your help. I am literally open to work. Quality assurance, customer service, or video editing. Anything remote or in the Chicago area would be terrific. However, I am open to relocating. I very much enjoy being your contact, but I would very much love any assistance meeting/contacting with new people. I thank you for your kind words and help. Things always look dark before the dawn. I hope we can help the Netherrealm mobile team land back on their feet. Thank you. #opentowork

gcFH8VE.jpeg

UG7r4ue.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Gaming companies are finally finding out that mobile audience doesn't give a shit about the same things console and pc do
Eh. Cutting back the mobile division can be for many reason outside “mobile gaming is trash” “give me real games”

Not sure how MK mobile is doing nor how it’s monetized. I can’t imagine a traditional fighting on mobile be monetized that greatly. Also WB as a whole is restructuring from the media sector to there gaming division. WB destroying Multiversus is sad because it had potential but $30 for skins in a fighting game is suicidal not to mention all of the different gems currency & time gated stuff. Not sure why they didn’t grab the Brawlhalla business model.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Buy them Sony. It's unexpectedly available manpower towards their mobile push/efforts.
Are we expecting to see Neon Koi mobile game this year at the rumor showcase? It’s pretty crazy we haven’t seen anything from them usually mobile games takes like 1-2 years to make.

I think Neon Koi is the most interesting studio at PS studios. If there mobile game is trash or some weird abomination it would be yet another mark on PS, Jim, Herman era.

Neon Koi should be making a Helldivers 2 mobile port similar to Helldivers 1 by making it top down + cross progression even release it on PS4 & possibly make Helldivers 2 F2P

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Eh. Cutting back the mobile division can be for many reason outside “mobile gaming is trash” “give me real games”

Not sure how MK mobile is doing nor how it’s monetized. I can’t imagine a traditional fighting on mobile be monetized that greatly. Also WB as a whole is restructuring from the media sector to there gaming division. WB destroying Multiversus is sad because it had potential but $30 for skins in a fighting game is suicidal not to mention all of the different gems currency & time gated stuff. Not sure why they didn’t grab the Brawlhalla business model.
Sadly, it might be that normal netherelm will do the mobile game now.