Epic Games (Allegedly) Hacked in Ransomware Attack

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

A relative newcomer to the ransomware scene is claiming to have successfully hacked game developer and distributor Epic Games.

The Mogilevich gang made the claim overnight, posting the details of the apparent hack on its darknet leak site.

“We have quietly carried out an attack to [sic] Epic Games’ servers,” a Mogilevich spokesperson said.

The gang claims to have 189 gigabytes of data, including “email, passwords, full name, payment information, source code and many other data”. The data is currently listed as up for sale.

“If you are an employee of the company or someone who would like to buy the data, click on me,” a hyperlink on the site said. The link leads to the group’s contact page, where a Tox messaging address can be found.

Mogilevich has not asked for a specific dollar figure for the data, and the current deadline for Epic Games to pay – or for someone else to purchase the data outright – is 4 March. Nor has it posted any proof-of-hack material, as Rhysida did with last year’s Insomniac Games hack.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hmmm wonder what leaks if any we get from this. Also these ppl don't stop.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I bet @flaccidsnake has something to do with it.

Jack Black Yes GIF

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Hmmm wonder what leaks if any we get from this. Also these ppl don't stop.

Beside the employees having their info stolen, which is supremely disgusting, I wonder if this will become like the Nvidia leak.
Epic partners with a massive swath of the industry with UE4-5.
Depending on the information acquired, we could soon be made aware of pretty much every game being made under the sun.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Beside the employees having their info stolen, which is supremely disgusting, I wonder if this will become like the Nvidia leak.
Epic partners with a massive swath of the industry with UE4-5.
Depending on the information acquired, we could soon be made aware of pretty much every game being made under the sun.
Thts crazy and yeah I don't wish this on no one in terms of private info. But let's see what we get.