European Video Games Industry Insight Report (2024 edition, 2022 data)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
For this report, with the support of VGE, EGDF has aggregated national industry data for 2022 from 20 European countries: Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain and Sweden.

Please note that aggregated EU level data includes also latest available data points from countries that so far have not collected 2022 data.

The report has two main parts. The first part presents Europe-wide data for 2022 (total numbers, comparative data, etc.). The second part is made up of country-specific information (2018-2022, depending on the available data for each specific country).

Download the report HERE

Uniting the industry

The European Games Developer Federation e.f. (EGDF) unites national
trade associations representing game developer studios based in
23 European countries: Austria (PGDA), Belgium (FLEGA), Croatia (CGDA),
Czech Republic (GDACZ), Denmark (Producentforeningen), Estonia (GameDev), Finland (Suomen pelinkehittäjät), France (SNJV), Germany (GAME), Italy (IIDEA), Lithuania (LZKA), Netherlands (DGA), Norway (Produsentforeningen), Poland (PGA, Indie Game Poland Foundation), Portugal (APVP), Romania (RGDA), Serbia (SGA), Spain (DEV), Slovakia (SGDA), Sweden (Spelplan‑ASGD), Switzerland (SGDA), Turkey (TOGED) and the United Kingdom (TIGA). For more information, visit https://www.egdf.eu/

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

There are also links to the country specific reports at the end of the document.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
If the UK was included, I'd imagine they would outpace France in most of those categories for #1 spot???

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If the UK was included, I'd imagine they would outpace France in most of those categories for #1 spot???
In some of the charts UK is included. In other ones isn't but yes, if not above France and Germany should be around or slightly above it.

As an example there's this:
image.png

image.png

image.png

UK has way more studios and workers due to two reasons: they have many European HQ of global corporations in UK, and also the government gives public grants and other benefits, so there's a ton of indie studios there.

But even considering that, the turnaround of the UK dev studios is estimated to be smaller or similar than in France or Germany.

TIGA and Ukie are the national gamedev associations of UK, so they may have their own reports (this document was made getting the info from these yearly reports from the associations of every country).

I went to Ukie's website but only found this, it talks about how games sold in UK but all, not only the ones made in UK:
Games%20industry%20inforgraphic_Games%20hardware.jpg

image.png

Last edited: