even Sony investors are worried about cannibalization of the PS platform with singleplayer PC ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i really wonder how will Sony keep the sales success of PlayStation and keep investors happy if people will have no reason to purchase their hardware

Reactions: J_Paganel
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
again: these decisions are not Jim Ryan, Hermen Hulst or Shawn Layden's fault, this is all coming from ABOVE, it's coming from non-gamer executives like Kenichiro Yoshida and Hiroki Totoki, they don't understand gaming, they're the money guys, they think PC doesn't compete with Consoles, they think Steam is not a direct competitor to PS Store despite Valve being in the hardware space (Steam Deck).

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Listen bro...Sony doesn't give a shit if we wonder or not. So stop wasting your time. They will be responsible for their strategies and decisions. Just enjoy your gaming on PlayStation.
Exactly, they will eventually get what they pay for. It could good for them or it could be bad. Let them try.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
this guy, Kenichiro Yoshida, stepped in as CEO of the entirety of Sony in 2018, coincidentally, in 2019 they started to work on Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, Uncharted 4 and Days Gone PC ports out of nowhere while still promoting "Only On Playstation" on trailers and physical game covers
30263101367_1ca5ac69a0_b.jpg

one of the first steps this disgraceful old man did was sign Cloud agreement with their main competitor in the gaming space, despite having options like Amazon, Google that don't directly compete with them
satya-nadella-Kenichiro-Yoshida-1.jpg

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Listen bro...Sony doesn't give a shit if we wonder or not. So stop wasting your time. They will be responsible for their strategies and decisions. Just enjoy your gaming on PlayStation.
what about... no? stupid decisions need to be questioned and wondered about

Reactions: J_Paganel
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Kenichiro Yoshida is the one telling investors their future will be ubiquos "wherever there is computing power, Playstation will be there" (minute 12:14, when asked if he's a gamer, the response is cringe), sounds exactly like MS and Xbox current strategy (that is heavly failling and killing their hardware business)

Reactions: Puff and J_Paganel

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Who cares what investors think, investors don't play video games, they whine about money and pressure companies to do dumb things
Publicly traded companies are a mistake

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
And they said day and date is not happening in response.
with Kenichiro in charge? i have my doubts, dude doesn't understand NOTHING about gaming or PlayStation's legacy, he's heading PlayStation to a strategy VERY SIMILAR to Xbox's, a strategy that is killing the hardware, stagnating subscriptions and decreasing game sales, PS5 made more money so far in 3 and a half years than PS4's entire generation, why would you want to put this at a risk to fortify direct competitors like Valve with the Steam storefront? that's less revenue/profit if people jump from PS4s (for example, half of their MAUs are on PS4 still) to a PC, they're making people feel confortable about leaving their ecossystem, you played Ratchet 2016 on your PS4? no problems, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is on PC and is Steam Deck compatible, you can play it there instead of a PS5

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
with Kenichiro in charge? i have my doubts, dude doesn't understand NOTHING about gaming or PlayStation's legacy, he's heading PlayStation to a strategy VERY SIMILAR to Xbox's, a strategy that is killing the hardware, stagnating subscriptions and decreasing game sales, PS5 made more money so far in 3 and a half years than PS4's entire generation, why would you want to put this at a risk to fortify direct competitors like Valve with the Steam storefront? that's less revenue/profit if people jump from PS4s (for example, half of their MAUs are on PS4 still) to a PC, they're making people feel confortable about leaving their ecossystem, you played Ratchet 2016 on your PS4? no problems, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is on PC and is Steam Deck compatible, you can play it there instead of a PS5

Yeah, not going through that. Just look at this thread. 10 replies and 6 are from you. Just go buy an xbox or PC, why put yourself through this. This forums is getting insane. Reddit seems like a nice place compared to this. You're playing into every xbox astroturfing campaign.

Master

Banned
21 May 2024
this guy, Kenichiro Yoshida, stepped in as CEO of the entirety of Sony in 2018, coincidentally, in 2019 they started to work on Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, Uncharted 4 and Days Gone PC ports out of nowhere while still promoting "Only On Playstation" on trailers and physical game covers
30263101367_1ca5ac69a0_b.jpg

one of the first steps this disgraceful old man did was sign Cloud agreement with their main competitor in the gaming space, despite having options like Amazon, Google that don't directly compete with them
satya-nadella-Kenichiro-Yoshida-1.jpg
xbox games coming to ps5
playstation games not coming to xbox big diffrent

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
again: these decisions are not Jim Ryan, Hermen Hulst or Shawn Layden's fault, this is all coming from ABOVE, it's coming from non-gamer executives like Kenichiro Yoshida and Hiroki Totoki, they don't understand gaming, they're the money guys, they think PC doesn't compete with Consoles, they think Steam is not a direct competitor to PS Store despite Valve being in the hardware space (Steam Deck).
I said the same thing. That clown was saying reaching 1 billion accounts

CHILEANPLAYER

6 May 2024
I don't understand this disproportionate affection for PC gamers when all games are pirated on the same day of release and several have had miserable sales like Sackboy (2 million on consoles vs less than 100,000 on PC). Even with those miserable sales they still have to share 30% of each with Steam. I really don't understand it, they are going straight down the Xbox path, with the big difference that Xbox even without consoles can sell software with all the IPs they own. Anyway

Reactions: Puff
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I said the same thing. That clown was saying reaching 1 billion accounts
Xbox is trying to do this since 2017, invested over 100 BILLION dollars (more than Sony's market cap) and are failling at it, but this Kenichiro guy think this is the future, i can't get my head around the fact they had a winning strategy that would only fortify them EVEN MORE and put them in an EVEN better place by now with PS4 and Only On PlayStation, but they chose to ditch it and aim for Xbox's strategy purpose that is being an app on every device where there is computing...

Reactions: SLB1904
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I don't understand this disproportionate affection for PC gamers when all games are pirated on the same day of release and several have had miserable sales like Sackboy (2 million on consoles vs less than 100,000 on PC). Even with those miserable sales they still have to share 30% of each with Steam. I really don't understand it, they are going straight down the Xbox path, with the big difference that Xbox even without consoles can sell software with all the IPs they own. Anyway
the problem is, a lot of people don't realize, these effects won't show for years, Xbox had a somewhat decent generation on Xbox One despite not having a lot of games from 2017 - beyond, the console ended up selling 58M, now look at Series consoles, they'll be lucky to surpass 38M at this rate... this after the PC/Cloud effect... they're tanking hard on sales despite 2 publisher acquisitions, first party games like Starfield, Hellblade 2, Forza Horizon 5, their subscription is stagnated despite day one releases, being on Smart TVs, Computers, Smartphones and even the MetaQuests, how is this a winning strategy? i really don't understand and it worries me because i invested a lot of money into this brand

Reactions: SLB1904 and Puff
Status
Not open for further replies.