Fallout games have surged in popularity across all platforms following TV show release. |UP|Over 1 million new players joined Fallout 76 in single day

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update 4/23

Update 4/13

We've seen a 33% increase in players collecting Fallout 4 achievements since Amazon dropped its fantastic Fallout trailer two weeks ago. In fact, it's not just Fallout 4's player count getting a boost, as multiple Fallout games have increased in Xbox players since the TV show's latest trailer, leading to quite the resurgence for some of the best RPGs on Xbox.

According to our data, which is collected from a sample pool of over 2.4 million global Xbox accounts, Fallout 4 has seen a 33% increase in Xbox players since the latest Fallout TV show trailer dropped on March 7. In fact, Fallout 4 has returned to the top 40 in our Gameplay Chart this week in 38th. That's not bad going for a game that hasn't had any new content since 2016.

Update 4/18

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Thts gd but I mean what else is there really to play on there.
go long kyle hill GIF by Because Science

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
32 on xbl. It’s always kinda hanging around tho along with Skyrim of course.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Worst fallout of all. Couldnt manage more than 7,8 hours. Cant put finger whats problem. F3 with better graphics and worse quests from what i played.
Moment i got machine gun anf suit in first hour i knew something s wrong.

Still 30 fps.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I played it. Bought all DLC. Can’t say I remember anything about the narrative aside from the detective buddy.

Best parts of the game is how it embraces Americana and there’s a certain charm and atmosphere to its open world. Otherwise it’s jank for sure.

With that said… I felt that 76 actually became the better game by playing to those strengths in exploration and atmosphere.

Gameplay and builds barely mattered in the single player game. Broken shit and power armor having no real gameplay function other than carrying more weight. On the flip side, your choices and builds matter far more in 76. I wouldn’t mind revisiting it if they actually made an expansion but I dropped it when MS bought Bethesda and don’t care to come back.

It did show me that survival games have a ton of potential… and I get why they’re so loved.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Imagine they had released a Fallout 4 remake...

People get on Sony for their remasters/remakes, but it is clear they have a strategy to optimize their transmedia strategy, whereas Microsoft kind of just lucked out here.

Amazon bought the rights to this show in 2020 before Microsoft even bought Bethesda. So there was no large scale transmedia strategy like we're seeing with Sony.

I noticed a lot of people focused on Horizon's sales or lack of sales on Steam, but they don't realize the game is only selling to people who either A) want to double dip or B) had interest in Horizon but don't own a PlayStation. Once the Horizon TV show comes out and assuming it isn't dogshit, it's going to boost sales of Horizon 1 and 2 on PC and PS5.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

People get on Sony for their remasters/remakes, but it is clear they have a strategy to optimize their transmedia strategy, whereas Microsoft kind of just lucked out here.

Amazon bought the rights to this show in 2020 before Microsoft even bought Bethesda. So there was no large scale transmedia strategy like we're seeing with Sony.

I noticed a lot of people focused on Horizon's sales or lack of sales on Steam, but they don't realize the game is only selling to people who either A) want to double dip or B) had interest in Horizon but don't own a PC. Once the Horizon TV show comes out and assuming it isn't dogshit, it's going to boost sales of Horizon 1 and 2 on PC and PS5.

If a game is good remakes are a guaranteed money maker Sony Remaking top ips is a smart move and I will double dip eveeytime.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

I noticed a lot of people focused on Horizon's sales or lack of sales on Steam, but they don't realize the game is only selling to people who either A) want to double dip or B) had interest in Horizon but don't own a PC. Once the Horizon TV show comes out and assuming it isn't dogshit, it's going to boost sales of Horizon 1 and 2 on PC and PS5.
Fallout 4 remake? Not needed whatsoever. You can also download mods to make it more modern if its too dated for you.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, transmedia campaigns(as we all saw with Witcher and CP2077) work very well in generating interest and driving sales.

It's not even prime time for EU(where Fallout and other games will peak) and it's already at 56,471 CCU.
The last time Fallout 4 had a higher CCU count was way back in May 2016 with a daily peak CCU of 74k.
That was due to the release of the Far Harbor Expansion.

On the Steam Global list
Fallout 4(Base Game) #6
Fallout 76 #8
Fallout GotY Edition #9
Fallout Franchise Bundle #17(FO1/FO2/Fallout Tactics/Fallout 3/Fallout NV/Fallout 4/Fallout 4 VR/Fallout 76)
Fallout: New Vegas #33
Fallout 3 GotY #41
Fallout 4 VR #70

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The show is good. I am four episodes in and enjoying it. What's funny is that there isn't a Microsoft or Xbox logo in sight. Lol. The Bethesda logo is the one that pops up in the intro of every episodes. Definitely hoping that rumors of Fallout 3/New Vegas remastered is real since I passed on those games when they were released cause Bethesda games on PS3 was an absolute technical buggy explosion.