Fallout games have surged in popularity across all platforms following TV show release. |UP|Over 1 million new players joined Fallout 76 in single day

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Is the show actually good?? I'd be willing to watch if it is
I finished watching the first episode a couple of days ago and thought it was really good.

Saying that, if you're not a person who has played fall-out games in the past, there are a lot of fanfare things you might miss.

There are a couple of sections that I would of done better in the first episode, but overall, it's 100% worth a view.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Fallout series was easily better than any Bethesda Fallout game, people are going to be disappointed.
F4 still has good shooting and the FarHarbor addon)

But ID Software was responsible for the shooting, and FarHarbor was made without Toddler's direct supervision)

I haven't completely closed F4, I'm thinking of starting it on SteamDeck when I finish the current game.

Tomorrow a patch with adaptation for SteamDeck is coming out, so I'll start the game later, but it will be interesting to see if the performance improves.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
F4 still has good shooting and the FarHarbor addon)

But ID Software was responsible for the shooting, and FarHarbor was made without Toddler's direct supervision)

I haven't completely closed F4, I'm thinking of starting it on SteamDeck when I finish the current game.

Tomorrow a patch with adaptation for SteamDeck is coming out, so I'll start the game later, but it will be interesting to see if the performance improves.
I don't think good shooting was ever the point of Fallout, the series started as an isometric rpg.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I don't think good shooting was ever the point of Fallout, the series started as an isometric rpg.
Yes, but Bethesda has reached the point where the best part of their latest game is not the plot, lore, and characters, but the shooting with an action component...

And for this purpose, they even introduced a battery mechanic for power armor that breaks the lore to show an action scene at the beginning of the game, but prevent the player from actively using the armor at the initial stage of the game.

Later on, there are a lot of these batteries, and this mechanic does not affect anything...

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I finished watching the first episode a couple of days ago and thought it was really good.

Saying that, if you're not a person who has played fall-out games in the past, there are a lot of fanfare things you might miss.

There are a couple of sections that I would of done better in the first episode, but overall, it's 100% worth a view.
I've played Fallout games in the past. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4... So I should be good then?

Reactions: Sircaw