Fallout games have surged in popularity across all platforms following TV show release. |UP|Over 1 million new players joined Fallout 76 in single day

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Anyone know how to do spoiler warnings on here ? I wanna say my theory on what I think the overseer did but don't want to spoil the first episode for anyone that hasn't watched it

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
had a great time watching the show so far… and yea totally in the fallout mood.

Just goes to show you how badly MS botched the cross media Halo Infinite project because… that show was even bigger trash for season 2. Shame on them for tarnishing Bungie’s universe.

More inclined to go back to 4 at the moment because as mentioned earlier I left all the dlc untouched…. But I am curious to see how 76 is going these days.

76 is about to break its all time steam charts performance … but… I don’t think steam migration from betheda’s own retired pc launcher was one to one if at all.

If you’re new to survival genre and love the atmosphere Fallout I highly suggest playing 76. Ended up spending more time and enjoying its world and map more than any other previous game. I found it to be a refreshing and unique console multiplayer experience… and other console survival games like Ark and Conan are way too jank even compared to fallout. So it’s still one of the better options currently.

Damn. I might go back and try that friggin game too. Sigh… that show really nailed what it needed to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
had a great time watching the show so far… and yea totally in the fallout mood.

Just goes to show you how badly MS botched the cross media Halo Infinite project because… that show was even bigger trash for season 2. Shame on them for tarnishing Bungie’s universe.

More inclined to go back to 4 at the moment because as mentioned earlier I left all the dlc untouched…. But I am curious to see how 76 is going these days.

76 is about to break its all time steam charts performance … but… I don’t think steam migration from betheda’s own retired pc launcher was one to one if at all.

If you’re new to survival genre and love the atmosphere Fallout I highly suggest playing 76. Ended up spending more time and enjoying its world and map more than any other previous game. I found it to be a refreshing and unique console multiplayer experience… and other console survival games like Ark and Conan are way too jank even compared to fallout. So it’s still one of the better options currently.

Damn. I might go back and try that friggin game too. Sigh… that show really nailed what it needed to do.

If you decide to check out Fallout 4 again, the survival mode is really good. It's the only way I play it now. As well, the Far Harbor DLC brought back many things the main game lacked or was light on (branching paths in quests, skill checks, etc.). Not to mention, the island itself is amazing in terms of atmosphere, creatures, etc.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If you decide to check out Fallout 4 again, the survival mode is really good. It's the only way I play it now. As well, the Far Harbor DLC brought back many things the main game lacked or was light on (branching paths in quests, skill checks, etc.). Not to mention, the island itself is amazing in terms of atmosphere, creatures, etc.
Survival mode? i will need to check what this is all about.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Survival mode? i will need to check what this is all about.

It's an adjustment at the start, fair warning. Damage calculations (both given and received) are changed, basic needs (drinking, sleeping, eating) are present , disease is a thing, no fast travel, and carry weight is reduced significantly (and ammo, chems, stimpacks, etc. have weight too). Saving can only be done through sleeping (there is an exit save, but it doesn't always work). There's also the introduction of a new mechanic - adrenaline - which (if managed well) can really make a huge difference when you're in a pinch or a tough area. It's a solid mode with a lot of thought behind it and makes the game a new and different experience. Give an update if you check it out, I'd love to hear about your experience with it.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
friend dota GIF

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's an adjustment at the start, fair warning. Damage calculations (both given and received) are changed, basic needs (drinking, sleeping, eating) are present , disease is a thing, no fast travel, and carry weight is reduced significantly (and ammo, chems, stimpacks, etc. have weight too). Saving can only be done through sleeping (there is an exit save, but it doesn't always work). There's also the introduction of a new mechanic - adrenaline - which (if managed well) can really make a huge difference when you're in a pinch or a tough area. It's a solid mode with a lot of thought behind it and makes the game a new and different experience. Give an update if you check it out, I'd love to hear about your experience with it.
i will see if it have time to fit it into my game time, just bought dragons quest 11 and still finishing of Ion fury but if i don't i will 100% save it for the future.

Thanks for the info.

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

• Shake

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Nuka World and Far Harbor are the actually story dlcs right? I remember a lot if the dlc was workshop content … will hate on the base building aspect of 4 but in 76 I definitely enjoyed it — the actually utility and function of the base mattered.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Nuka World and Far Harbor are the actually story dlcs right? I remember a lot if the dlc was workshop content … will hate on the base building aspect of 4 but in 76 I definitely enjoyed it — the actually utility and function of the base mattered.
The building mechanic should've been optional I hate doing that in games except the Sims lol just let me explore & shoot & shit 😂

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sounds awful. The game is big enough. Imagine dealing with all of that on top of it. I don't know why people would choose to punish themselves this way.

I tried Fallout 76 on PS5 streaming (it was a ps+ giveaway) and it's still jank and boring. I'll wait for the Fallout 4 upgrade.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
What’s interesting about the steam surges for Fallout 4 and 76 is that all these games are given away for free in some way with the subscription to Prime Video to watch the show on Windows gamepass and Luna streaming.

There’s definitely a bump on PlayStation too. Fallout appeal is seemingly platform agnostic (and theyre also on ps subs minus new Vegas).

Spring/summer is usually hot season for online games so it’s cool to see all these player surges lately.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Sounds awful. The game is big enough. Imagine dealing with all of that on top of it. I don't know why people would choose to punish themselves this way.

I tried Fallout 76 on PS5 streaming (it was a ps+ giveaway) and it's still jank and boring. I'll wait for the Fallout 4 upgrade.
Yeah Todd Howard dream game that was '20 years in the making' is a boring piece of shit he clearly can't adapt to current technology he needs to fired

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

The Automatron DLC also has a story. Also; robot building, new weapons, armor, enemy types, etc. Nuka-World's story has some interesting aspects but really shines in the world exploration of Nuka-World. There's also the raider aspect. If you ever wanted to see what it's like on the other side, you can experience exactly what it's like to be a raider both in Nuka-World and the Commonwealth. They're all fun to play, but Far Harbor is the most focused on story of the three.

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I thought so too, but then actually tried it. Now it's the only way I play. I can see why it won't appeal to everybody, but it turned out to be right up my alley.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The building mechanic should've been optional I hate doing that in games except the Sims lol just let me explore & shoot & shit 😂
My extent with that feature was just setting up a wall around the settlement and be done with it after that. Definitely should have been an add-on. There's simply more important things to do in that game than wasting precious hours on building things.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly