Fans are calling Sonic Frontiers’ DLC "the hardest gameplay in any Sonic game"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Fans across Twitter, Reddit and various forums have been venting their frustration with some of the new challenges.

These include challenges that require the player to climb a large tower – with perfect platforming skills required and no checkpoints should they fail – and a final boss rush where the player has to defeat every boss in a row, and a single hit will kill Sonic.

A thread on Sonic Frontiers’ GameFAQs forum called “This DLC is way too hard” now stretches to 12 pages, with numerous players sharing their stories.

“I’ve already uninstalled,” said user Cionyl. “I can assure you it doesn’t get any easier. I had no idea this was meant to be some sort of Very Hard super challenge. I just wanted to see the alternative ending and screw around with the other characters.”

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Havent played a sonic game in years.

I’ve been wanting to play this one for some time. I did hear one of the platforming segments were difficult But the game was overall easy from what I heard from reviews.

But the original genesis games though are mostly easy. The part that gives me the most difficulty is the final boss but the game is low Difficulty especially for its era.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sonic has been a guilty pleasure but aside from mania I’m not sure of this newer direction. Generations was sorta peak for modern sonic. It definitely needs a remaster rerelease. Frontiers doesn’t seem like something I’d like tbh checkin some more recent vids now. I dunno.