Feast your eyes on the largest, most ridiculous handheld of 2023... TJD T101

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

10 inch big screen so large that it doesn't even fit with the controllers. Utterly massive. 1200p, 60hz, IPS unfortunately.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Well it’s as ugly as sin, so I wouldn’t want to bring it anywhere. Not good for a portable unit.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Already don't like most handhelds, even Switch I prefer using docked. This is a monstrosity.

What even is the point of a handheld anyways, most people just play it at home.

I don't think ive ever seen someone with a switch out in public, once u get sunlight u cant even see the screen anyways

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I don't think ive ever seen someone with a switch out in public, once u get sunlight u cant even see the screen anyways

100% , I dont know how anyone can be comfortable playing on public transport or anything like that... even in a cafe. Seems like a bad time to me. Not the way I'd want to experience a game.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
100% , I dont know how anyone can be comfortable playing on public transport or anything like that... even in a cafe. Seems like a bad time to me. Not the way I'd want to experience a game.
Handheld PCs are a fad. The shit battery life and limited capabilities for the high price are a total joke.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I'm getting arm fatigue just looking at it
Isn't that the ideal ? A console that make you fittier by playing any game! You no longer need Ring Fit Adventure, just play Tetris or Match 4 on this to give strong arm and better posture !

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023

Handhelds just haven't been the same since the ds

Banana

Banned
10 Jan 2023

Playing in bed or on the couch.

I never take my switch or deck anywhere, but it's nice having a handheld to play around the house.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

There are several situations for a handheld.
For example I and my family travels a lot using several ways (car, airplanes, bus, etc) and I and my kids can enjoy some gaming during that time.

For example in Oct 12 I we will travel to the beach... it is a 5-6 hours long travel using car.
There are the option to use airplane but the close city with air port is near 200km it arrives in Sao Paulo so to get to the closest beach you needs still use car or bus to travel the others 100km.
So in that case I prefer to make the travel fully by car than use air plane.

What I want to say is that handhelds are really useful in travels.

And yes I see a lot of Switch in public here in Brazil... in bus, air ports, etc.

PS. Another case when I lived in São Paulo I have to take a bus for 40 minutes to go from home to where I worked... in that time I just played games on handheld... every day... I see a lot of people listening musics on these bus I like to play games.

Reactions: Box

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
For example I and my family travels a lot using several ways (car, airplanes, bus, etc) and I and my kids can enjoy some gaming during that time.

For example in Oct 12 I we will travel to the beach... it is a 5-6 hours long travel using car.
There are the option to use airplane but the close city with air port is near 200km it arrives in Sao Paulo so to get to the closest beach you needs still use car or bus to travel the others 100km.

And yes I see a lot of Switch in public here in Brazil... in bus, air ports, etc.

PS. Another case when I lived in São Paulo I have to take a bus for 40 minutes to go from home to where I worked... in that time I just played games on handheld... every day... I see a lot of people listening musics on these bus I like to play games.
There are no situations for a handheld the size of a coffee table.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Playing in bed or on the couch.

I never take my switch or deck anywhere, but it's nice having a handheld to play around the house.

I prefer docked, the pro controller is so much better than the joy cons

I do admit i have used the switch on the Aeroplane, i took a long haul flight from Australia to Europe. I work from home so i don't really need to tske the switch.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I do admit i have used the switch on the Aeroplane, i took a long haul flight from Australia to Europe. I work from home so i don't really need to tske the switch.
It depends more of the consumer habits... a owner that stay most of his time at home won't use the handhelp option.
But somebody that is most of time outside home will find it uses.

But I will say another case where I used a handheld... sometimes I wanted to be on bed and not go on the living room to play games or play in the bad room (to not wake up my wife for example) because it was too late and I just wanted to have some game fun before sleep... so I used a handheld to play at bed (Vita using PS4 remote play).... like I said it is circunstancial but I did that almost all days.
Or when my kids where in the living room TV and my wife in the bedroom TV.
I used a handheld to play.

Well I used a lot the Vita in public and at home :D
I miss not having a handheld this generation to the point I almost brought a Switch (I just not did it because every time I put in my head "wait for the Switch 2").

Reactions: Box

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
GIF by Giffffr

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah this shit too much, at this point doesn't make sense to even want a portable lol

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah this shit too much, at this point doesn't make sense to even want a portable lol
The only portable devices I am interested in are the Portal or a good Android handheld for remote play and emulation. Some of the nice Android ones have great battery life and can run almost anything more than a generation old. Hopefully the Portal either comes with the capability to install Android apps out of the box or gets jailbroken quickly.