FF16 Takes The Top Spot In Famitsu's Most Wanted Games

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Man InstallBase will go crazy... I fell 90% of the posters there won't take it well because they keep downplaying FFXVI because it Famitsu most wanted / preorders were below some unknow games lol
IB nintendo drones base who cant accept than any1 else beside N can be succesfull at games. They re tired of playing games 20fps at 720 so they spend most of time talking about sales.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
IB nintendo drones base who cant accept than any1 else beside N can be succesfull at games. They re tired of playing games 20fps at 720 so they spend most of time talking about sales.
I never ever see this kind of thing mentioned, where are these people saying only Nintendo can succeed at games? :p

I agree, I do wish I could play the next Zelda at 60fps, but I am also looking forward to FF16 just as much if not more because it looks more fresh. Though I've purposefully avoided any recent info on either title. It's win win for me, I'm glad to see FF16 at the top of that most wanted list.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The votes are only for 1 week? I thought it was a 2023 list or something. It might change next week but good for FF to get the top spot amidst "the franchise is doomed on PS5" talk.

I'm looking forward to both too.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The votes are only for 1 week? I thought it was a 2023 list or something. It might change next week but good for FF to get the top spot amidst "the franchise is doomed on PS5" talk.

I'm looking forward to both too.
There is "the franchise is doomed on PS5" talk? Man I must be missing so much, I haven't seen that either. FF has been mostly PS now for like 25 years. Why would it be doomed on PS5? In fact, it's now been associated with PS for far longer than it was associated with Nintendo systems. I know I am buying it right away myself.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Season 6 Wow GIF by Friends

Reactions: Gamernyc78

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Add Spiderman 2 to list. We already saw the wizardry that Insomniac visuals could do with a PS5 exclusive like Ratchet, imagine how much better it will be now that they've had a few years extra to hone their skills.
I'm curious as to what they'll do to expand the combat system as well as what they'll do with the story. I'm also looking forward to them taking full advantage of the PS5 hardware. It'll definitely be fun though.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is "the franchise is doomed on PS5" talk? Man I must be missing so much, I haven't seen that either. FF has been mostly PS now for like 25 years. Why would it be doomed on PS5? In fact, it's now been associated with PS for far longer than it was associated with Nintendo systems. I know I am buying it right away myself.
Well there is around 8 pages of the same subject every week.
You can start here I guess:

The main topic go to varios places but back always on FFXVI.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
On Installbase mostly and in every sales thread on other forums. Also from Xbox fans because it's not on Xbox/PC (as if the sales are good on those platforms).

Final Fantasy was always console exclusive (Nintendo or Playstation) until FF13 but they act like it's the first time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
These people better buy a ps5 then, let's get a good number of ps5 so jp developers can bring more AA-AAA level games, I'm tired of these ps2/ps3 level graphics and game mechanics

24 Jun 2022

People are trying to say the franchise has an identity crisis now, or going as far as to say why it hasn't maintained relevance when Zelda has? I mean, it's only f'ing ZELDA!! There's barely many franchises in the entire industry that've maintained relevancy the way Zelda has, why suddenly compare Final Fantasy to that? Why not Dragon Quest? Why not Halo? Why not F-Zero? Why not Shin Megami Tensei (which popularity-wise seemed to peak with PS2 & DS, tho SMT5 looks cool, I want to play it eventually just not on a Switch)?

Weird stuff like that which always seems to pop up and it's usually to try downplaying a game that happens to be a PS exclusive especially when a Nintendo exclusive like Zelda is getting press at around the same time. It can get very transparent at times.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
This will be the first FF game I am getting for release (preordering).
I always avoided Final fantasy. I finally caved in 2 years ago and played 7 remake on ps5 and absolutely loved it. Fantastic game. incredible.
Then I played 15 royal on pc and it is magical too. Amazing music and charm. Not as good as 7 but still fantastic.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People are trying to say the franchise has an identity crisis now, or going as far as to say why it hasn't maintained relevance when Zelda has? I mean, it's only f'ing ZELDA!! There's barely many franchises in the entire industry that've maintained relevancy the way Zelda has, why suddenly compare Final Fantasy to that? Why not Dragon Quest? Why not Halo? Why not F-Zero? Why not Shin Megami Tensei (which popularity-wise seemed to peak with PS2 & DS, tho SMT5 looks cool, I want to play it eventually just not on a Switch)?

Weird stuff like that which always seems to pop up and it's usually to try downplaying a game that happens to be a PS exclusive especially when a Nintendo exclusive like Zelda is getting press at around the same time. It can get very transparent at times.
Zelda is my favorite game series of all time and I hardly feel like Final Fantasy takes a back seat to it? I mean I started with FF in the SNES era, and it's always been a massive franchise. Yeah it had some missteps, but some of my favorite games are in that series.

It's so weird to me. Do movie fans argue, saying things like they like The Godfather and screw that Goodfellas movie?

To me it's all one big happy pie. I'm not gonna say yes to one and refuse the other one when it's all fantastic. WTF is wrong with fanboys. Note to anyone living that way, you're making your own little world even smaller thinking that way.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Zelda is my favorite game series of all time and I hardly feel like Final Fantasy takes a back seat to it? I mean I started with FF in the SNES era, and it's always been a massive franchise. Yeah it had some missteps, but some of my favorite games are in that series.

It's so weird to me. Do movie fans argue, saying things like they like The Godfather and screw that Goodfellas movie?

To me it's all one big happy pie. I'm not gonna say yes to one and refuse the other one when it's all fantastic. WTF is wrong with fanboys. Note to anyone living that way, you're making your own little world even smaller thinking that way.

A lot of people are mad about console exclusivity, some are mad about them going full action, some want to see the ps5 fall further into irrelevancy in japan (or ww) so they can get those big games on their preferred platforms. Etc.

Just all around toxic discussion.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters