FF16 Will Not Have A Day One Patch Because The Team Is Confident In Its Final Build.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
FFXVI has had the perfect lead up to release.

Great communication, no confusion, no drama, no excessive secrecy, every new info is exciting. Yoshida clearly gets it and I hope the game is great.

Yoshida is the one who saved FFXIV, he turned it from a disaster to the Squares most profitable game of all time.

Let's just hope it beats Zelda for GOTY

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yoshida is the one who saved FFXIV, he turned it from a disaster to the Squares most profitable game of all time.

Sure, I guess, if it somehow beats Zelda it will mean we'll have two historically good games in a span of few months.

I'll be happy if it just ends up being a for a banger Final Fantasy but a great story could really elevate it in the comparison to Zelda because so far I felt like Zelda story was really weak (first game I remember spiking dialog in a long time, the text are just so boring).

Reactions: Kokoloko

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
The amount of confidence that radiates from today's press previews is extremely infectious. I didn't think I could possibly be more interested in the game, but the team keeps proving me wrong.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
All games should be like that… I mean that is one of bad things that come with digital downloads… patches while are good for something in the case of releases basically made developers delivery broken games.

Games should be polished before release.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I'll believe it when I see it

Yea I’m still expecting a day one patch. Even if it’s a 2 second download.

I’m just interpreting this as they spent a lot of time just so it doesn’t ship with Xbox quality standards.

I mean… Phil shipped Redfall.

Reactions: Shmunter

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Pretty sure they said it's just been polishing for like a year

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sure, I guess, if it somehow beats Zelda it will mean we'll have two historically good games in a span of few months.

I'll be happy if it just ends up being a for a banger Final Fantasy but a great story could really elevate it in the comparison to Zelda because so far I felt like Zelda story was really weak (first game I remember spiking dialog in a long time, the text are just so boring).

Story in Zelda? I think I gave up expecting anything a long time ago. Only interesting story bits in Zelda is catching lore and Easter egg references to previous games. I mean… kill Ganon save the princess.

I don’t see FF16 touching Zelda but it’s nice to see a hypeworthy Ff again. It’s great to see the end of the era of Luminous.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Im not expecting it to beat Zelda. Ill be happy with a 90+ overall score and being reviewed fairly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Story in Zelda? I think I gave up expecting anything a long time ago. Only interesting story bits in Zelda is catching lore and Easter egg references to previous games. I mean… kill Ganon save the princess.

I don’t see FF16 touching Zelda but it’s nice to see a hypeworthy Ff again. It’s great to see the end of the era of Luminous.

Story is a bit different each time. Plus all the NPC, Side stories etc and Lore.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

I liked the memories in BoTW, but that is extremely short. I haven't got into that part in ToTK but the average NPC dialog is offensively boring and brain-dead (reminds me of Pokemon).

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yea I’m still expecting a day one patch. Even if it’s a 2 second download.

I’m just interpreting this as they spent a lot of time just so it doesn’t ship with Xbox quality standards.

I mean… Phil shipped Redfall.
He was going to ship Halo too till the gameplay backlash

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Why?
Reaction GIF by The Weather Channel