icon-era.com
internet what GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can buy the FIFA 23 Bundle via PS Direct too.

24 Jun 2022
I've heard a lot of people unhappy with Modern Warfare II, but I don't think either of these games having bundles means they're failing in preorders or anything. Especially the MWII bundle, still adds the price of the game on top of it, similar to the HFW bundle.

Altho I'm suspecting you titled the thread as an inside joke to the reaches some other people have tried claiming of HFW "bombing" because it's in a bundle. Like, somehow the #4 best-selling game of the year is a bomba. Yeah, right 🤣

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I've heard a lot of people unhappy with Modern Warfare II, but I don't think either of these games having bundles means they're failing in preorders or anything. Especially the MWII bundle, still adds the price of the game on top of it, similar to the HFW bundle.

Altho I'm suspecting you titled the thread as an inside joke to the reaches some other people have tried claiming of HFW "bombing" because it's in a bundle. Like, somehow the #4 best-selling game of the year is a bomba. Yeah, right 🤣

Yeah... Tom Henderson put up a tweet saying he wasnt feeling it.... the responses are all negative for the beta underneath it.

Now that is twitter, so might not be reflective but it isn't a great sign.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The beta impressions are not good indeed.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Beta impressions for CoD are always bad. Every year the internets is full of people swearing it off and yet every year it sells millions.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
COD is now their most protected IP so the greenies will never criticize this bundle like they did for Horizon. That game was shat on the moment it was released. So much hate 😥

About the beta, I pre-ordered the game physical to get a beta code and me too I didn't like it that much. The multi is so dated, the whole formula belongs to last gen. I'm done with it. I'll play the single-player and sell it back.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
COD is now their most protected IP so the greenies will never criticize this bundle like they did for Horizon. That game was shat on the moment it was released. So much hate 😥

About the beta, I pre-ordered the game physical to get a beta code and me too I didn't like it that much. The multi is so dated, the whole formula belongs to last gen. I'm done with it. I'll play the single-player and sell it back.

The greenies most protected IP? that's a laugh.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The biggest irony about everything this year in gaming is if cod performs at about the same level as vanguard or worse. “Modern warfare” by infinity ward is THE cod to get. Not saying I think it will not do great, just something to keep an eye on.

24 Jun 2022
Beta impressions for CoD are always bad. Every year the internets is full of people swearing it off and yet every year it sells millions.

Maybe but this time it feels different. Like, I've seen hardcore COD players openly express frustration at a lot of things, like the third-person view that doesn't seem to add anything (in their opinion).

It was like a weird mix of some hardcore Xbox fanboys, PCMR nutjobs, and FromSoft super fanboys joining together to shit on HFW the moment Elden Ring came out. You could easily tell the genuine constructive criticism from the thinly veiled console warring rhetoric, but the worst part being that supposedly important big gaming "journalists" and personalities joined in on it. Even some of the reviews were rather suspect, complaining about things that have either since been more than patched up, or weren't issues they felt the need to complain about in other big games coming out (including Elden Ring) for 'reasons' :/

They still keep trying to push the narrative the game's failed, even when it's the 4th best-selling game of the year, just because a bundle exists (that adds the cost of the game into the bundle's price). Some folks really wanted to try tearing down a big Sony exclusive this year and HFW seemed like the easy target because Elden Ring literally exists.

The biggest irony about everything this year in gaming is if cod performs at about the same level as vanguard or worse. “Modern warfare” by infinity ward is THE cod to get. Not saying I think it will not do great, just something to keep an eye on.

I doubt MW2 performs "only" as well as Vanguard did BUT, if by some small chance it only does slightly better or in fact sells worst, that's going to cause some heads to panic at ABK and Microsoft. You don't want to be in the middle of a huge transition period with your biggest IP on a downward trend.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
“This year feels different!!” is another thing everyone says literally every year regarding criticism. We just need to accept that at the end of the day our opinions as hardcore gamers on the Internet really don’t mean jack shit.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
CoD sales are in declive.
I have no ideia where you guys get that it is selling like it used in the past.

It had a boost (like all others game sales) in the first year of COVID… that was an odd year where 2019 CoD sold more in 2020 than it sold at launch in late 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
CoD sales are in declive.
I have no ideia where you guys get that it is selling like it used in the past.

It had a boost (like all others game sales) in the first year of COVID… that was an odd year where CoD sold more in 2020 than it sold at launch in late 2019.

Playerbase has taken the hit. Not so much sales.

It’s a very strange scenario. You have the more recent retail CoD Vanguard trailing behind both Cold War, the previous CoD, and Halo Infinite on Xbox for instance. That is horrible, absolutely horrible performance.

So while it surely sold thru like 18 million - its playerbase fall off is ginormous and highly concerning. I personally think arena CoD as it was is completely over. Warzone cannabilzed its own brand’s playerbase. Age of CoD arena is over unless it goes f2p.

Makes you wonder … do people reallly think you need to spend 70$ to play f2p Warzone? Seems so.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Playerbase has taken the hit. Not so much sales.

It’s a very strange scenario. You have the more recent retail CoD Vanguard trailing behind both Cold War, the previous CoD, and Halo Infinite on Xbox for instance. That is horrible, absolutely horrible performance.

So while it surely sold thru like 18 million - its playerbase fall off is ginormous and highly concerning. I personally think arena CoD as it was is completely over. Warzone cannabilzed its own brand’s playerbase. Age of CoD arena is over unless it goes f2p.

Makes you wonder … do people reallly think you need to spend 70$ to play f2p Warzone? Seems so.
Not disagreeing with you but 18m is very low to a CoD game.