Final Fantasy music legend Uematsu doesn’t think he’ll compose a whole game again. Also he & Loren Allred created Aerith’s “No Promises to Keep""

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

We delayed Switch 2 to 2025 - The VGC Podcast

Now, in a new interview with German publication Zeit Online ahead of a performance of his new orchestral show Merregnon: Heart of Ice, Uematsu said he thinks his days of composing full video game soundtracks are over.

Asked if he ever felt that one day nostalgia could take over and convince him to write an entire soundtrack for a game again as opposed to just a main theme, Uematsu replied that he didn’t see it happening.

“As far as Final Fantasy is concerned, I’m still involved by writing the main themes for the games,” he explained. “But I don’t think I’ll compose music for a whole game again.

“You would have to give it full throttle for two or three years. And I don’t think I have the physical and mental strength to do it anymore.

“I think I’d rather use the time I have left to work on other projects that I love. Such as compositions like Merregnon or my band Uematsu Nobuo conTIKI .”

Also...

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Producer Stuck Around To Retain Original Creator's Series Connection​

3/14/25...

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: How Nobuo Uematsu and Loren Allred created Aerith’s “No Promises to Keep”​

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I was profoundly disappointed when he couldn't attend Distant Worlds in my city due to illness. I may never see him perform live, but he’s my favorite videogame composer by a long shot.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I was profoundly disappointed when he couldn't attend Distant Worlds in my city due to illness. I may never see him perform live, but he’s my favorite videogame composer by a long shot.
Really? Have to look into him.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Man, so many good soundtracks under his name, Wada was mean to you back in 2001 and forced you outta the company

Also forced Sagukchi out, the guy who Created Final Fantasy.