Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is getting improvements to the image quality in performance mode after graphics complains

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
[Notice]
The #FF7Rebirth trial version update scheduled for 2/21 (Wed.) will address the issue of "Improved image quality when "Performance" is selected as the screen mode in the graphics settings".
The same support will be applied to the full version as well.
Official website

Added to op

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: iAMJeffy and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Added to op

Very good; a few of those screenshots, one with cloud climbing some rocks, did look extremely dire.

I cant really think of anything to nitpick when I saw the game, it looks amazing but those certain areas of graphics are just not acceptable.

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022
Good I had to play it on fidelity mode even though the battle system felt great on performance

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Thank God, took them long enough to talk about it and reassure us they were going to fix it before release.

I personalty don't care that much about the bad textures but the overall blurriness of performance mode was unacceptable, it was the only complaint I had.

Reactions: VillaiN

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hmmmm, Clouds face at times looked worse than the PS4 version. How do tested and developers not see this, as a previous tester, I certainly would

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Thank God, took them long enough to talk about it and reassure us they were going to fix it before release.

I personalty don't care that much about the bad textures but the overall blurriness of performance mode was unacceptable, it was the only complaint I had.

There was seemingly no reason too, putting vaseline everywhere on the screen using whatever technique they were using wasn't going to boost performance by that much, and yet here it was.
Digital Foundry pixel count was clear, that shit was 1440P and yet... I wonder what happpened there lol.

Hmmmm, Clouds face at times looked worse than the PS4 version. How do tested and developers not see this, as a previous tester, I certainly would

Oh they did, when it comes to QA it's almost never because they're not reporting things.
They just get told that the product will still ship with these things because things are not going to get fixed and that's that.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Dont care about small textures. Just remove that stupid blurr. Wont touch it with that crap.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There was seemingly no reason too, putting vaseline everywhere on the screen using whatever technique they were using wasn't going to boost performance by that much, and yet here it was.
Digital Foundry pixel count was clear, that shit was 1440P and yet... I wonder what happpened there lol.

Oh they did, when it comes to QA it's almost never because they're not reporting things.
They just get told that the product will still ship with these things because things are not going to get fixed and that's that.
I know game studios who delay there games when theres alot to work with. Ive tested multiple times for decent studios

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I know game studios who delay there games when theres alot to work with. Ive tested multiple times for decent studios

Yes but this is Square Enix, it's not just a game studio, it's a publisher.
Y'know, they got those suits guy that say: Look, our revenue/profits for this FY is looking bad, we can't push this release out of the FY, it's going to be bad.
And then they turn around: Game performed below our expectations.

Surprised Meme GIF

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes but this is Square Enix, it's not just a game studio, it's a publisher.
Y'know, they got those suits guy that say: Look, our revenue/profits for this FY is looking bad, we can't push this release out of the FY, it's going to be bad.
And then they turn around: Game performed below our expectations.

Surprised Meme GIF
I dont know if you count EA, Sony, Ubisoft as publishers, but I put them up there with square. They all delayed games when realised it takes more time.

Square should be on a simple thing like Clouds face being worse looking than a previous FF7 game from PS4.
Textures too.

Returnal had great FPS, FF16 had decent FPS in combat but shitty motion issues and FPS outside of combat in alot of areas.

Thats incompetitence and theres no excuses at that level

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I dont know if you count EA, Sony, Ubisoft as publishers, but I put them up there with square. They all delayed games when realised it takes more time.

Square should be on a simple thing like Clouds face being worse looking than a previous FF7 game from PS4.
Textures too.

Returnal had great FPS, FF16 had decent FPS in combat but shitty motion issues and FPS outside of combat in alot of areas.

Thats incompetitence and theres no excuses at that level
The problem is that Cloud's face only looks like crap in certain scenes, like they forgot to use the final model

Reactions: Kokoloko