Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is not coming on PCs until 5.29.2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GxJBoPE.jpeg

With 23 days to go until Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Square Enix will officially release a demo for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth today. On The End of the trailer Whomever, there's information that might interest PC Players: The game wo't be avaialble on other platforms until 5.29.2024

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second of a planned trilogy of games remaking Square Enix's 1997 JRPG Final Fantasy VII. The first part, Final Fantasy VII Remake, was initially released in 2020 for the PS4 and later ported to PS5 and PC.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Great news but won't XVI and VII Remake 2 overlap then?

And it kind of makes sense there is less delay. After all, PC got the integrade version, which was an excuse to re release the game on next gen consoles. There are no next gen consoles in the horizon this time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nah we already knew this. But remake only had a 1 year exclusivity and it took another 6 months to come to pc after that ended. I doubt it'll go until holiday season.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Remake had a similar deal but took far longer.

I would guess this could end up taking two years too. Which is still too soon imo.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well with how inefficient Square with getting PC ports quickly, I don't think this even matters this year lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
We already knew about this since last year and FF16 was December 2023. It's nowhere to be found on PC. That date is meaningless but keep dreaming.

• Shake
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
A much shorter wait than Remake which was over two years.

Remake wasn't over two years, it came to Epic Game Store on Dec 2021. That's 20 months.

I think that FF7 Rebirth will will not be an EGS exclusive.
Epic has moved away from moneyhatting games because it has not provided them with the type of userbase increase they were hoping for.

As for how long? Who knows really, we might get some sort of clue from FFXVI's PC release date.
But I think a shorter delay than FF7 Remake.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Remake wasn't over two years, it came to Epic Game Store on Dec 2021. That's 20 months.

I think that FF7 Rebirth will will not be an EGS exclusive.
Epic has moved away from moneyhatting games because it has not provided them with the type of userbase increase they were hoping for.

As for how long? Who knows really, we might get some sort of clue from FFXVI's PC release date.
But I think a shorter delay than FF7 Remake.

I didn't check Epic Game Store but on Steam, it released on June 17th, 2022 which is over two years since the original PS4 release. Epic is never going to get close to Steam. It's like Microsoft trying to catch Sony and Nintendo. It's just not going to happen.

My guess is that Rebirth goes on PC in June or later this year. I think that it would be closer to that expiration date because why have that short of a date if you weren't planning on taking advantage of it.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
My guess is that Rebirth goes on PC in June or later this year. I think that it would be closer to that expiration date because why have that short of a date if you weren't planning on taking advantage of it.

The date is simply when the PlayStation exclusivity deal seemingly ends.
It doesn't really reveal the intention behind Square's Enix plan for the PC release, one could infer it sure, but it could also be the case that PlayStation did not want to pay the amount Square Enix wanted for a longer window.

Reactions: peter42O

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"At least" means it could be released in 10 years from now, who knows. Sony signed 3 months, after that it's up to Square when they want (or have time to) release the port.

I completed the first demo, and it's amazing. I understand why MS gives up: they can't compete against this.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS