Final Fantasy VII Remake Project Will “Link Up” to Advent Children, Says Nomura

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

He implied that fans of the Final Fantasy VII movie Advent Children will be catered for. Explicitly speaking, Nomura stated those who play the Final Fantasy VII Remake games up to the end will find that it will “link up to Advent Children.”

You can view the quoted comment from Nomura below:

“If you play right through to the end, it will link up [to Advent Children] so you don’t need to worry about that,” he says with a knowing smile.
Due to the vagueness of this statement, there isn’t much to conclude. However, when considering how Advent Children occurs after the events of the original Final Fantasy VII, it’s not exactly surprising to see it being retained in this new telling.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Isn't Advent Children hated or am I imagining things. It's been years since I last saw it.

Seems liked and disliked by many.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
advent children is nonsense lol, i have a love hate relationship with it

basically it's a cool thing if it remains like fanfiction, but if it's considered canon then it's dumb as shit

fuck off nomura

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Everybody knows lol

Not just to Advent Children but with the short stories "On the way to a smile" that tells the story behind Advent Children.

Maybe spoiler?

Advent Children story happens because Seph and Aerith are fighting inside lifestrem to get the control over it for years and while Aerith is become weaker and weaker Seph find a way to send his conscience outside so he can control others person via procession... that is how Advent Child story happens.

Seph after Advent Children events as gets used to lifestream he realize he can send his conscience back in the past.... Aerith realizes that too... that events inside lifestream is told by a series of short stories called "On the way to a smile".
And that where FFVII Remake happens... there is the actual time Seph and the Seph coming from the future lifestream trying to change the story that trigger these whisperers created by the actual lifestream to try to maintain the course of the story like it happened.
But at end of FF Remake that force of nature/lifestream that is trying to maintain the story in the tracks of what happened is defeated... so now it can or not follow the events of original FF anymore... so the story will be REMAKE.

REBIRTH but all guesses is about the rebirth of the future Sephroth in the actual timeline? Let's see if I hit correct this one.

So yes it is linked as a sequel of events after Advent Children.

I admire how Square Enix took the bold path and instead to make an actually remake of FFVII created a sequel for the saga using the elements of the original story... it is really very very ingenious.

Story wise FF7 Remake is the most interesting one created by Square Enix in the last two decades imo.

Last edited:

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
As it should, because Dirge of Cerberus remake will probably come too as well, and Genesis lol