Final Fantasy XVI: The two DLC episodes will dive further into the world of FF16, where you can experience the "dark" and "mysterious" parts of Clive'

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FF16 Director Takai talked briefly during the Playstation Partner Awards about the two DLCs they have planned!

Takai: The two DLC episodes will dive further into the world of FF16, where you can experience the "dark" and "mysterious" parts of Clive's story. We've also added more formidable bosses and battle content that you can enjoy. We hope you look forward to it!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So the DLC will be between the Phoenix event and before he meets Shiva after years being a slave.

To be fair I’m not interested in that period… there is basically no reference in the game like somebody that meet him in that period.

I hoped for another character DLC.
Different play style.

Maybe focus on some Eikon past… or something like that.

Edit - At first I wanted to know the story behind his mother and father… and what happened with his mother after the Phoenix incident…

But…

A good character at first become really something off in the Bahamut events… her end was ridiculous bad for a strong character like her was posted in the intro.

It was basically two characters set apart.
So I lose all the interest in her backstory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
you must find the mary jane sections fun.

I mean technical you could have Shiva fights but cmon, that is too much budget for DLC
Jill is nothing like mary jane, she has her own dominant powers... you even see her being used as a weapon of mass destruction against an army in the opening sequence

Reactions: Box

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Clive is even more "dark and mysterious" eh. Apparently Takai is a teenage girl.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Jill is nothing like mary jane, she has her own dominant powers... you even see her being used as a weapon of mass destruction against an army in the opening sequence
I know, but it is cheaper to reused movesets and skills rather than making new one?

Reactions: ethomaz

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
A good character at first become really something off in the Bahamut events… her end was ridiculous bad for a strong character like her was posted in the intro.

I really expected her to be thr main villain and the story to be more GOT style instead of the typical final fantasy world ending event.

They built her up so well in the early game and did a good job making us hate her.

Reactions: ethomaz

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
the polar express hurry GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like they didn’t reached a financial point where they could make a DLC with different playable characters.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Seems like they didn’t reached a financial point where they could make a DLC with different playable characters.

Eh but are those coming just side episodes like 15 did?

If it was a post game dlc content pack I’d consider at some point but didn’t we just hear they’re just moving to the next game?

I’m fine with it. Rather see a new game build on ff16 but this time not forgetting dungeons and the rpg part of it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Eh but are those coming just side episodes like 15 did?

If it was a post game dlc content pack I’d consider at some point but didn’t we just hear they’re just moving to the next game?

I’m fine with it. Rather see a new game build on ff16 but this time not forgetting dungeons and the rpg part of it.
They will only think about doing it if PC sales are profitable enough for that.

Feels like it is begging gamers to double dip the PC version to cover their sales.

I wonder if he will speak after PC launch if gamers didn’t brought enough copies so they can’t work in new playable characters.