Final Fantasy XVI Was Almost on 2 Discs; It will have a 300mb day one patch targeting performance issues

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
This was highly desired since keeping the game on one disc significantly reduced manufacturing costs and avoided delays in polishing the overall experience before the title went gold.
While a PlayStation 5 game on two discs sounds far-fetched, it’s not exactly new. The upcoming Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is confirmed to be featured across two discs, so it’s no surprise that Final Fantasy XVI almost embodied that identity.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Such a weird marketing pitch as well but hey... Playstation doesnt have a competent marketing branch anymore... Bring on the triple discs and we'll be back in PS1 era.
Triple discs?

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Baldur's Gate came in 5 discs back in the day, I'm all for that stuff.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Without kraken compression file size could be much larger prob gona ended up with 3 disc
Do we think this could be because of all the audio and different language packs? But perhaps you are right? I just found it surprising we are pushing two discs before we even kick this gen in high gear.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Do we think this could be because of all the audio and different language packs? But perhaps you are right? I just found it surprising we are pushing two discs before we even kick this gen in high gear.
Its been nearly 3 years now, even factoring in Covid we are deep in the lifecycle.