FINAL FANTASY XVI's review embargo lifts on June 21st

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
According to some leaker on reset. Not much info so not linking the thread. We all know how this shit goes take with caution. But when do you guys think it'll lift?

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Hm one day before launch. Good or bad sign ?
They released a free 2 hours demo and showed the game countless times they aren't hiding anything. Even well reviewed games have these type of embargo these days. I would only get worried if it was the same as the street day.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FatKaz and Helios

saintjules

Forum Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Supposedly SE has done this before. So with what they showed + two demos spanning 2+ hours, I think they are OK with doing this.

It's a day 1 for me already so, yeah.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Doesn't really mean much. We've already gotten a demo and seen so much of the game.

But good on them for waiting till the very last minute. If it reviews well, the hype will simply push a lot of casuals over the edge and it won't give media outlets and shills anytime to even stoke a narrative... Like what's happened with many Playstation exclusives.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Doesn't really mean much. We've already gotten a demo and seen so much of the game.

But good on them for waiting till the very last minute. If it reviews well, the hype will simply push a lot of casuals over the edge and it won't give media outlets and shills anytime to even stoke a narrative... Like what's happened with many Playstation exclusives.
Xbox dudes already hard at work on the downplay on social media.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They don’t really have to hide behind reviews, the demo already sold the game. They let the audience set the narrative for the game

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They can try all they want the review scores will drown everything out right as the game drops and that's exactly what Sqaure is betting on.
With how good the demo is the review score would need to be in the low 70s to scare people away from buying the game. I just can't see something like that happening.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

What they showed in the trailers are barely 2 hours into the game, and is in the demo. So, no, you haven’t seem much of the game.