Firesprite suffers layoffs

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
265 employees as of 2021 and dedicated to making VR games plus they have a subsidiary (Fabrik Games) which Sony bought as well?

Yeah that shit never added up wtf money are they bringing in to support such a headcount? Why were they bought to begin with?

For comparison last count of Sucker Punch was 160 people

Bought 3 years ago and all they have to show for it is a short co-developed Horizon VR game that hit in the 70s on Metacritic lol

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
265 employees as of 2021 and dedicated to making VR games plus they have a subsidiary (Fabrik Games) which Sony bought as well?

Yeah that shit never added up wtf money are they bringing in to support such a headcount? Why were they bought to begin with?

For comparison last count of Sucker Punch was 160 people

Bought 3 years ago and all they have to show for it is a short co-developed Horizon VR game that hit in the 70s on Metacritic lol
Hey man that VR game is dope. I want more, but bigger and more polished. Invest in VR, Sony. It's the future (except for Poindexters who can't wear the headset lmao)

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Hey man that VR game is dope. I want more, but bigger and more polished. Invest in VR, Sony. It's the future (except for Poindexters who can't wear the headset lmao)
Okay but where are the games. With 250 people they could have pushed out half a dozen small to mid-sized games since being acquired

Compare to Insomniac before being acquired when they were experimenting in VR and mobile small to mid size games

Screenshot_20240619_085330_Chrome.jpg

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I always assumed this acquisition would be the VR studio which would offload work from the studios similar to Nixxes does with the pc ports.

This post confirms it was under consultation the entire period, we know the live-service didn't make the cut (Twisted Metal & the FPS game) by being put in the SP bracket in the recent business meeting. So only the horror game in UE5 survived, unfortunate for the staff. They should'v done WipeOut with their DNA instead of those projects Hermen..

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This is likely from Twisted Metal live service being cancelled also there was rumor that there was some sort of Activision type of activity’s at Firesprite.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah no offence to the brits but they are pretty much shit at everything lol :ROFLMAO:
This guy deserves to be Tarred and feathered.

oh my god chicken GIF