First look at FromSoftware's brand new studio in Tokyo (looking nice)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

OFFICE​

Office introduction​

Introducing the From Software office.
  • entrance

entrance
    corridor

corridor
  • office space

office space
    motion capture room

motion capture room
    surround room

surround room
  • meeting room

meeting room
    meeting room

meeting room
  • meeting room

meeting room
    refresh space

refresh space
Looks nice 🔥🔥

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Very nice, especially with space being so expensive in Japanese cities.

They deserve it though.

Is this all investment from Kadokawa or were Tencent and Sony involved in some way?
Doubt Sony but who knows. I know they both have shares invested but I doubt it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Classy.

Why am I not surprised that the gaming company with cubicles turns out to be one of the most productive ones?

I hope they made room for some extra interns to improve their tech.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

They deserve it though.

Is this all investment from Kadokawa or were Tencent and Sony involved in some way?
Probably the fact Elden Ring sold 20 million in a year. Might be closer to 30 million by now

Reactions: Bryank75

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Probably the fact Elden Ring sold 20 million in a year. Might be closer to 30 million by now
From was just the developer tho neither from nor kodakawa own the re keen ring ip. I’m sure they both did well off of it and made some pretty good profit but Bandai owns the ip and probably making a good chuck. I’m not sure now the profit is shared between Kodakawa, From, Bandai, Tencent, Sony. From needs to go in another direct. With tencent and especially Sony backing they don’t need Bandai. Kodakawa also has very limited resources compared to Sony and from would be better off leaning into that relationship.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Offices looks nice and I look forward to seeing what they have in store next :)

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I love seeing nice looking expensive office spaces. From Software celebrational experiences and Sony investment money giving From Software dat Kojima Production office space production quality level (y).

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

They deserve it though.

Tencent and Sony just bought some stocks, Kadokawa is the owner who pays the stuff (with the money they earnt from Elden Ring, more than enough to buy a nice office).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Tencent and Sony just bought some stocks, Kadokawa is the owner who pays the stuff (with the money they earnt from Elden Ring, more than enough to buy a nice office).
Yes we are all familiar with the acquisition of stocks by Sony and Tencent hence his initial comment.