first look at the Starfield Xbox Series X wrap. Details here: https://theverge.com/2023/8/29/2385

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I'm sure this will interest some people but, for me, this on par with the controller hoodie in terms of how little I would care to spend money on it.

Reactions: Sircaw

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
I'm sure this will interest some people but, for me, this on par with the controller hoodie in terms of how little I would care to spend money on it.
Yeah I feel similar. Only the oddest of people would want this enough to spend more than $1 on it. Lol

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The comments on that verge story are already embarrassing. Man Xbox has the most shameless fans.
What prevents me the most from buying an Xbox as like a secondary console to just have Gamepass and stupid games in it is their fandom. Fuck if I'll buy a console from a company that sponsors that kind of tribal behaviour

Reactions: Gamernyc78

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The comments on that verge story are already embarrassing. Man Xbox has the most shameless fans.

They have lots of shills too. I still remember the 'best deal in gaming' campaign and how prevalent it was. It's been clear for a while that MS has many "fans" who are simply there to mitigate bad news and hype up MS products. Whenever I see stuff like this:

Way better than selling a new console and using electricity to transfer all data. Honestly, I kind of appreciate the ecofriendly approach here.

I get more of a 'shill' than 'fan' vibe.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That console (and the Starfield gamepad) look very good.

I think Microsoft should replace Aaron Greenberg with Tom Warren. Tom makes a way better job working as Microsoft PR & marketing in social media.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They have lots of shills too. I still remember the 'best deal in gaming' campaign and how prevalent it was. It's been clear for a while that MS has many "fans" who are simply there to mitigate bad news and hype up MS products. Whenever I see stuff like this:

I get more of a 'shill' than 'fan' vibe.
Yeah. I noticed that EXACT comment. It takes pennies of electricity (or less) to transfer that data. The amount of resources needed to manufacture, package, and ship that stupid looking "wrap" is WAY beyond what it takes to move some bits around.

Beyond clueless.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Yeah. I noticed that EXACT comment. It takes pennies of electricity (or less) to transfer that data. The amount of resources needed to manufacture, package, and ship that stupid looking "wrap" is WAY beyond what it takes to move some bits around.

Beyond clueless.

Yep, but "ecofriendly" sure is a great buzzword, isn't it? Even though the person saying it has no actual idea what it really means, it's one of those words that's sure to draw positive attention to a product.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly