Flintlock only has one person playing it on Steam.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Now this is holding the line.
That person could be our very own @Would_you_kindly, looking for Sweet baby references.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I downloaded and installed the game on Xbox Series X via Game Pass. Will start it tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to playing it. I checked the settings/options and it already has a positive for me without even playing yet - rebinding the buttons. RB to attack my ass. X all the way baby!! Also, changed the healing to RB.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Not only have people stopped reading, but now they have also stopped using their eyes. The SteamDB title explicitly says "demo".

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
That seems to refer to the demo, but the game itself has pretty bad numbers nonetheless:

Regardless, it doesn't look like this will be as big of a fall as Concord, as the scale of investment is on a completely different level for the latter.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel and Entropi

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Damn to see a game even having less interest than Concord surprises me. Though it's a nightmare for the devs. No players or feasible interest can quickly result in a studio's ruin.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Steam CCU is going to make gaming discourse so annoying
It already has. So now, not only do you have to review well, you need a lot of people playing your game at the same time on steam, or you’re a flop! I feel like it’s a headline to undermine games. I’m not interested in Flintlock but I don’t need to kick it down, or taint my perception of the game because it’s not popular.

Hell even outside of steam. Rebirth was a fantastic game that didn’t sell as well as its predecessor, so of course the 90% of the discourse is going to be about its sales, despite it being one of the best SE games of all time.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It already has. So now, not only do you have to review well, you need a lot of people playing your game at the same time on steam, or you’re a flop! I feel like it’s a headline to undermine games. I’m not interested in Flintlock but I don’t need to kick it down, or taint my perception of the game because it’s not popular.

Hell even outside of steam. Rebirth was a fantastic game that didn’t sell as well as its predecessor, so of course the 90% of the discourse is going to be about its sales, despite it being one of the best SE games of all time.

It all plays into the exhausting shallow gaming discussion of a game either being a major hit or flop. Just putting more failstates into the success of any game is going to mean that 80% of them are going to fail in the eyes of the public

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Makes sense. Saw gamepass shills calling this the open world game of the year 😂

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Ah using Steam Numbers again to measure success of a Multiplatform game.

Honestly this is one reason Steam PC should not be getting Day 1 releases of Sony GaaS games like Concord either.

Warhawk, MAG and Socom didn’t need PC and were considered successes even without anyone looking at CCU numbers and neither did they get shit thrown at them by the PC entitled lot.

• brain
Reactions: voke

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Steam concurrent is not a good metric for total sales but it does give some idea of launch interest. After that… no. Some single player games get players to sink hours upon hours (baldur’s gate, most open world games) but players go at their own pace — even if that means not playing it until a year from now.

Also, is it also on pc gamepass? Not saying it’s tracking much better but it’s still the same platform. Still cheaper to rent from MS for a month. Worse for the devs but many will take the cheaper option.

Edit: don’t see it charting on windows most popular lists just yet … I wasn’t thoroughly looking but it would show up here after a few days (pc charts update more frequently than Xbox)

Will be interesting to see how windows store now shapes up compared to steam. Most likely still a small fraction of its users but I just noticed now that there’s less mobile trash on here than usual… it’s starting to have a decent library.

Gamepass killed their console business but I still think they’re gonna use gamepass as a hook still to try and take some of the pc pie from valve. Will it work? Don’t care honestly and doubtful at the moment since the Xbox and ms gaming platform is generally viewed as subpar by the masses.

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
About 12 hours into Flintlock and enjoying it for the most part. Story/character/dialogue/writing wise, I haven't come across anything that is even remotely close to cringe or even anything bad. The worse was a five second exchange with Nor telling Enki that despite being a God that she's never heard of him and Enki tells Nor his real God name which I forgot and she says she likes Enki better. Other than that, if people didn't make a big deal about Sweet Baby Inc. working on the game in whatever capacity, you would never know it.

My biggest issue with Flintlock is that controlling Nor needed to be tighter, way too loose and floaty which when platforming can lead to missing grabbing onto ledges and even falling to your death. I'm playing on story difficulty since this is a souls game and have died twice both because I fell to my death.

Other than that, there's a minor UI issue when in menus where highlighting an item gives you the info box which overlaps the top of the screen which is annoying. The game is also dark in a lot of areas. The game itself looks good and I like the environments but the HDR just doesn't seem right. I had to increase the brightness in game and on my LG CX OLED to 70 from 50 which is where I leave it for the vast majority of the games I play.

Will see how the rest of the game plays out as I still have a ways to go.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Medieval Euro type setting with African lady protagonist?

Am I crazy or is shit like this deliberately trying to sabotage itself by creating a non cohesive setting turning people off.

Reactions: Jim Ryan