• PC (Jul 18, 2024)
  • Xbox One (Jul 18, 2024)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jul 18, 2024)
Trailers:

Developer: A44 Games

Publisher: Kepler Interactive

Critic Reviews​

ACG - Jeremy Penter - Rent

"Flintlock takes inspiration from so many titles that it gets lost in its ideas and never lands one of its own. Often uninspired, frequently creaky in its execution, and usually unsurprising in its mediocrity."

Enternity.gr - Konstantinos Kalkanis - Greek - 7 / 10

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn is a more "layered" experience with a clear beginning, middle and end, no endgame and very limited grind. And ultimately, for that very reason - despite its missteps - it achieves what it sets out to do.

GamingTrend - Henry Viola - 60 / 100

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn is by no means a bad game, but in a sea of other Souls copycats, this one does very little to stand out. Put into the perspective of its multiple delays and overall unpolish, it's clear that this is an easy skip to play better options out there. Or at least wait until it's heavily discounted…

IGN Italy - Alessandra Borgonovo - Italian - 6 / 10

A game that lacks sense of direction, with an exposition as bland as its gameplay. On paper, some things could have been interesting but when you actual play the game they feel disconnected.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 75 / 100

Quote not yet available

Press Start - James Wood - 6 / 10

Despite a dazzling art direction and one killer new hook for the Souls-adjacent combat loop, Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn struggles under the weight of unnecessary RPG systems and an overarching lack of refinement to its many ideas.

Push Square - Liam Croft - 7 / 10

Quote not yet available

Tom's Hardware Italia - Andrea Maiellano - Italian - 7 / 10

Setting an invasion of the undead, led by a ruthless pantheon, in an American Civil War context could be a good enough reason on its own to give Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn a chance. But if you add to this a gameplay that, although clearly inspired by its more famous counterparts, manages to present a handful of truly interesting ideas, then there are no real reasons not to try A44 Games' production at least once.

WellPlayed - Adam Ryan - 6 / 10

Killing Gods in the magical world of Kian sounds appealing on paper, but the needless Soulslike elements and uninspired gameplay drain the life out of an otherwise promising premise.

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 7.8 / 10

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn is a lot of fun if you engage with all of it. At first, I was flying through the main quest before I slowed down and explored every inch of each map. Once I made that change I went from enjoying my time to loving it. It’s not the tightest game out there, but it has a lot of great ideas that come together for a package well worth experience.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
unfortunately this game looks very mid imo, seems reviews back that up.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Anyone who played the demo on steam could have predicted this to be a 6/10 game but this should be scored much lower at 4/10. This one was a stutterfest and not worth the cost of the data to download, the camera has microstutter whenever the angles change quickly. This would have been a bad game even without SBI involvement but killing the colonial gods is the cherry on top of this turd cake

Reactions: Gediminas

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Personally, looking forward to playing Flintlock this weekend. Looks really good and it is an AA game so my expectations are in accordance to that. Expecting a 7-8 game for me which is perfectly fine for a souls lite which outside of Steel Rising, im into at all. Working tomorrow but then have a nice four day weekend off to play Flintlock. Yay me!! 😂

• brain
Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Personally, looking forward to playing Flintlock this weekend. Looks really good and it is an AA game so my expectations are in accordance to that. Expecting a 7-8 game for me which is perfectly fine for a souls lite which outside of Steel Rising, im into at all. Working tomorrow but then have a nice four day weekend off to play Flintlock. Yay me!! 😂
Hope you enjoy it, Id love impressions if possible.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
At least they didn’t charge the usual $79.99… but even at $59.99 it’s a bit steep.
Going to wait for the sweet spot of $39.99.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
At least they didn’t charge the usual $79.99… but even at $59.99 it’s a bit steep.
Going to wait for the sweet spot of $39.99.
Better wait for updates as the steam version had stutters periodically if you want to pick it up on PC, this is one of those titles that is worth max 20-25$ if they fix the stutter

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me