Foamstars has lost nearly 95% of its player base

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
foamstars.jpg
Despite receiving a strong initial burst of PS Plus subscribers when those Foamstars trophies arrived day one on the service back in February 2024, it seems Foamstars' PS Plus player count has seemingly been in freefall ever since. Now, two months later, it seems players have all but abandoned Foamstars for other PS5 multiplayer games with the shooter having lost over 94% of its initial PS Plus player base.
  • Foamstars debuted with more players in its first week than Helldivers 2
  • However, Foamstars has since lost over 94% of its PS5 and PS4 player count
  • The Square Enix shooter has since dropped out of our top 200 PlayStation Chart
Source

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
No way I’d trust this data. Don’t think it’s been successful by any metric but trophy trackers are so bogus.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I mean hate to say it but it's a given that this would happen. It's a Splatoon knock off and Square doesn't have a good track record for live service games really. Marvel Avengers, Outriders, and Babylons Fall didn't really fare well. At this point their better off just sticking to single player titles. This just provesits not easy to successfully launch and keep success in live service titles.

Reactions: Box

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I mean hate to say it but it's a given that this would happen. It's a Splatoon knock off and Square doesn't have a good track record for live service games really. Marvel Avengers, Outriders, and Babylons Fall didn't really fare well. At this point their better off just sticking to single player titles. This just provesits not easy to successfully launch and keep success in live service titles.
I honestly thought it would do okay. Japan is totally fine with blatant ripoffs and as a Switch exclusive a lot of PS owners don't have access to it. As far as I can tell there are legitimate gameplay differences too.

Reactions: Box and reziel

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
this is one of those $20-30 million project for new hires that was to meant to keep them busy while the adults worked on actual good games

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I honestly thought it would do okay. Japan is totally fine with blatant ripoffs and as a Switch exclusive a lot of PS owners don't have access to it. As far as I can tell there are legitimate gameplay differences too.
This game never stood a chance in Japan. They didn't even care to have actual Japanese voiceovers in the game at launch. A total lazy effort all around

Reactions: Box

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This game never stood a chance in Japan. They didn't even care to have actual Japanese voiceovers in the game at launch. A total lazy effort all around
Do the characters actually say anything? I thought a Japanese team made the game?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This game had like 4 maps and 3 game mods, it got old very quick and every map had the same Vegas theme.

There was also zero story at launch