Fortnite playtime on consoles last month topped Call of Duty, EA Sports FC, GTA 5 and Roblox combined

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1705085582435.png

Console users reportedly spent over 1.6 billion hours playing Fortnite in December 2023.

Hours spent in Fortnite in November were up 146% compared to October, and rose by a further 9% in December, when Epic launched a trio of new game modes as permanent additions to the free-to-play title.

The three additional live service experiences added to Fortnite last month were Lego Fortnite, Fortnite: Rocket Racing and Fortnite Festival.

Built in partnership with The Lego Group, Lego Fortnite is a survival and crafting experience, not unlike Minecraft.

Developed by Rocket League studio Psyonix, Rocket Racing is billed as “a supersonic arcade racer where players drift, fly, and boost with friends through an ever-growing selection of tracks”.

And Fortnite Festival, from Rock Band studio Harmonix, is a music game where players can perform in a band with friends or play solo with tracks from popular artists.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Utter domination and a game ppl love to hate, for reference I haven't played since PS4 but look at my hours 🤣

1705086026229.png

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
View attachment 3625

Console users reportedly spent over 1.6 billion hours playing Fortnite in December 2023.

Hours spent in Fortnite in November were up 146% compared to October, and rose by a further 9% in December, when Epic launched a trio of new game modes as permanent additions to the free-to-play title.

The three additional live service experiences added to Fortnite last month were Lego Fortnite, Fortnite: Rocket Racing and Fortnite Festival.

Built in partnership with The Lego Group, Lego Fortnite is a survival and crafting experience, not unlike Minecraft.

Developed by Rocket League studio Psyonix, Rocket Racing is billed as “a supersonic arcade racer where players drift, fly, and boost with friends through an ever-growing selection of tracks”.

And Fortnite Festival, from Rock Band studio Harmonix, is a music game where players can perform in a band with friends or play solo with tracks from popular artists.
I bought the founders pack and used to love playing before the storm with friends but when the br mode dropped they mostly went to play that. I had no interest to br played it like 3 times. Trash! I still annoyed Fortnite killed paragon.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I never played a single minuted of Fortnite, I don't get the apeal.
Hide and go seek, manhunt, all in one. As kids I use to play that in real life and when BR arrived it was an adrenaline rush for me. Before tht it was Elimination on Factions I use to love.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well deserved. I don't play it much but they definitely keep the game fresh for the end user and they're rewarded

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well… it’ll just keep getting bigger. It’s beyond game or service…. It’s become a platform for game releases themselves. Growth this year will be huge if they keep dropping new full game releases launching in Fortnite.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Well duh, didn't they just release 3 odd in-universe piggy back games? Fortnite Racer and Fortnite Concerts etc..

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well the Lego aesthetic even got the attention of my son and he really isnt into Fortnite at all... So I can imagine it was popular.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It makes one wonder how Epic is so broke with such a successful product.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
International Cat Day Pizza GIF by Storyful

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Gameplay is addicting but I never feel like I’m actually getting better. So much of the later match can essentially be chalked up to dumb luck. But you feel like maybe if said unlucky thing didn’t happen you can win next time, so you keep playing.

Whenever I notice a loop like that I stop playing.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Tencent has the best investment team in the business. They own 40% of Epic and were early to see the potential. I know Sony pictures could've coughed up the cash to acquire them when they were smaller just on the fact that unreal engine is becoming big in movies and film now.