FTC: U.S. antitrust enforcer says pressing on with fight against Microsoft/Activision deal

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Friday it remained focused on its appeal opposing Xbox maker Microsoft's now-closed $69 billion deal to buy Activision but would "assess" the company's agreement with Ubisoft.

"Microsoft and Activision's new agreement with Ubisoft presents a whole new facet to the merger that will affect American consumers, which the FTC will assess as part of its ongoing administrative proceeding," added spokeswoman Victoria Graham. "The FTC continues to believe this deal is a threat to competition."

• thisistheway
Reactions: toadsage44

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I understand Lina Khan's drive to combat big tech/big corpos but the reality is the FTC has so little power that all they can do is keep saying stuff like this. The fact is the FTC don't have the power that the CMA does. All these regulatory bodies can do to combat monopolization by big corporations is in sense spread the wealth to all of them to insure that not one ends up having everything.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Good. Keep them in the courts and having to spending money. Don’t make them comfortable with this clearly illegal and anti consumer deal.
yeah, but ms got a fuck ton of money tho, its like earth going to war with the sun...... Best way to defeat ms is to break them up.
All else is a waste, ms can afford better lawyers than the gov can and some lawyers know the law better than their own gov because a lot of them wrote the laws then went to work for corporate america.

Last edited:

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
yeah, but ms got a fuck ton of money tho, its like earth going to war with the sun...... Best way to defeat ms is to break them up.
I will show you the timeline of what it would look like to breakup any company
Federal court gives an ok to breakup
You can appeal to District court of appeals
If that to doesn't saves your a**
You than can appeal to the Supreme court of the State in which the company is situated and if that doesn't works
You can than go ahead and appeal in the Supreme court of US all in all this would take atleast a decade
FTC is trying to break up Meta and the complaint was file in 2020, 3 years pending and the case proceedings are yet to begin
The tech giants have politicians in their pockets while this occurs a establishment can change and then by bribing these guys you can let the department of justice or FTC withdraw their case

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I will show you the timeline of what it would look like to breakup any company
Federal court gives an ok to breakup
You can appeal to District court of appeals
If that to doesn't saves your a**
You than can appeal to the Supreme court of the State in which the company is situated and if that doesn't works
You can than go ahead and appeal in the Supreme court of US all in all this would take atleast a decade
FTC is trying to break up Meta and the complaint was file in 2020, 3 years pending and the case proceedings are yet to begin
The tech giants have politicians in their pockets while this occurs a establishment can change and then by bribing these guys you can let the department of justice or FTC withdraw their case
I literally just update my post for contex prolly just as you was putting this reply together. I think we agree that either way it's a hard fight but apple, google, ms, amazon needs to be smashed. They are bigger than some 1st world countries.

• sad
Reactions: Playstation Sucka