FYI Dice Awards are tonight 8pm PT/11pm ET. Spiderman wins action game of the year. BG3 GOTY.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

D.I.C.E. Awards 2024: A Night of Legends and Epic Battles​

Witness the 27th D.I.C.E. Awards, celebrating the finest in gaming, with Marvel's Spider-Man 2 leading the pack. Legendary composer Koji Kondo will join the Hall of Fame. Tune in tomorrow at 8pm PT/11pm ET.​

13 Feb 2024 17:20 EST Updated On 13 Feb 2024 23:34 EST

D.I.C.E. Awards 2024: A Night of Legends and Epic Battles

D.I.C.E. Awards 2024: A Night of Legends and Epic Battles
In the realm of interactive entertainment, the yearly D.I.C.E. Awards stand as a beacon of recognition for the most outstanding achievements in video games. Tomorrow, on February 15, 2024, at 8pm PT/11pm ET, the 27th edition of this prestigious event will grace the stage in Las Vegas, celebrating the cream of the crop from the past year. Stella Chung of IGN and Greg Miller, CEO of Kinda Funny, will be your guides through this enchanting journey, as they co-host the night's festivities.

An Epic Battle for the Crown​

A total of 56 titles have earned the distinction of being nominated for this year's D.I.C.E. Awards, representing a diverse range of genres, platforms, and artistic visions. Among these esteemed contenders, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 has emerged as the frontrunner, securing an impressive nine nominations. The web-slinging adventure will face stiff competition from the likes of Alan Wake 2 and Baldur's Gate 3, both of which have garnered multiple nods in various categories.

Game of the Year: A Clash of Titans​

The most coveted prize of the night, the Game of the Year award, will see five formidable contenders vie for the ultimate accolade. Alan Wake 2, Baldur's Gate 3, Cocoon, Marvel's Spider-Man 2, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom have all been deemed worthy of this highest honor, leaving the gaming community on tenterhooks as they await the final verdict.

A Legendary Composer Joins the Pantheon​

In addition to celebrating the triumphs of recent releases, the D.I.C.E. Awards will also shine a spotlight on the indelible contributions of one of the industry's most revered figures. Koji Kondo, the legendary composer and sound director behind such iconic franchises as Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox, will be inducted into the D.I.C.E. Hall of Fame. During his storied career at Nintendo, Kondo has crafted some of the most memorable and enduring melodies in gaming history, earning him a place among the pantheon of industry greats.

For those unable to attend the ceremony in person, fear not, for the D.I.C.E. Awards will be livestreamed across various platforms, courtesy of IGN, the official media sponsor. As the curtain rises on this momentous occasion, gaming enthusiasts from all corners of the globe will gather around their screens to bear witness to the crowning of the best and brightest in interactive entertainment.

Finalist...

Game of the Year
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • COCOON
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Outstanding Achievement in Animation
  • FINAL FANTASY XVI
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  • Starfield
Outstanding Achievement in Character
  • Alan Wake 2 - Saga Anderson
  • Baldur's Gate 3 - Astarion
  • Baldur's Gate 3 - Karlach
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Miles Morales
  • Thirsty Suitors - Jala
Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Diablo IV
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • Planet of Lana
Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design
  • Alan Wake 2
  • COCOON
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Outstanding Achievement in Story
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • DAVE THE DIVER
  • Thirsty Suitors
  • Venba
Outstanding Technical Achievement
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • THE FINALS
Action Game of the Year
  • ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON
  • Dead Space
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • Remnant II
Adventure Game of the Year
  • Alan Wake 2
  • COCOON
  • DAVE THE DIVER
Family Game of the Year
  • Disney Illusion Island
  • Fae Farm
  • Hello Kitty Island Adventure
  • Midnight Girl
Fighting Game of the Year
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2
  • Pocket Bravery
  • Street Fighter 6
Racing Game of the Year
  • F-ZERO 99
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 - Turbocharged
  • LEGO 2K Drive
Role-Playing Game of the Year
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Diablo IV
  • FINAL FANTASY XVI
  • Starfield
Sports Game of the Year
  • EA SPORTS FC 24
  • MLB® The Show™ 23
  • WWE 2K23
Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year
  • Against the Storm
  • Cobalt Core
  • Dune: Spice Wars
  • The Last Spell
  • Wartales
Immersive Reality Technical Achievement
  • Asgard's Wrath 2
  • Assassin's Creed Nexus VR
  • Horizon: Call of the Mountain
  • Vertigo 2
  • We Are One
Immersive Reality Game of the Year
  • Asgard's Wrath 2
  • Assassin's Creed Nexus VR
  • Horizon: Call of the Mountain
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Justice
  • Vertigo 2
Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game
  • COCOON
  • DREDGE
  • El Paso, Elsewhere
  • Thirsty Suitors
  • Venba
Mobile Game of the Year
  • Gubbins
  • Honkai: Star Rail
  • Terra Nil
  • WHAT THE CAR?
Online Game of the Year
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare lll
  • Diablo IV
  • Omega Strikers
  • Street Fighter 6
  • THE FINALS
Outstanding Achievement in Game Design
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • COCOON
  • DAVE THE DIVER
Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • COCOON
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Full winner list..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

DICE Awards 2024 Winners: The Full List​

From Baldur's Gate 3 to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 and more, here are all the big winners from the show.​

Adam Bankhurst Avatar

BY ADAM BANKHURST

UPDATED: FEB 16, 2024 1:20 AM

POSTED: FEB 15, 2024 10:59 PM

The 27th D.I.C.E. Awards have arrived and celebrated the best of the best in the world of video games from 2023. While there were a ton of winners, Baldur's Gate 3 walked home with Game of the Year alongside Best Role-Playing Game and Outstanding Achievement awards in Story, Game Direction, and Game Design.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 may not have won Game of the Year, but it did lead the night with six wins - Action Game of the Year and Outstanding Achievement awards in Animation, Character, Original Music Composition, Audio Design, and Technical Achievement.
No other game won multiple awards, but some of the other highlights included Alan Wake 2 winning Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom winning Adventure Game of the Year, Super Mario Bros. Wonder winning Family Game of the Year, and Street Fighter 6 winning Fighting Game of the Year.

You can check out the full list of winners from the 27th D.I.C.E. Awards below.
Outstanding Achievement in Animation
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - WINNER
  • Mortal Kombat 1
Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
  • Alan Wake 2 - WINNER
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
  • Starfield
Outstanding Achievement in Character
  • Alan Wake 2 - Saga Anderson
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Astarion
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - Karlach
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - Miles Morales - WINNER
  • Thirsty Suitors - Jala
Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Diablo IV
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - WINNER
  • Planet of Lana
Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design
  • Alan Wake 2
  • COCOON
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
Outstanding Achievement in Story
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 - WINNER
  • DAVE THE DIVER
  • Thirsty Suitors
  • Venba
Outstanding Technical Achievement
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • THE FINALS
Action Game of the Year
  • ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON
  • Dead Space
  • Hi-Fi RUSH
  • Remnant II
Adventure Game of the Year
  • Alan Wake 2
  • COCOON
  • DAVE THE DIVER
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - WINNER
Family Game of the Year
  • Disney Illusion Island
  • Fae Farm
  • Midnight Girl
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder - WINNER

Best Reviewed Games of 2023​

83 games received a review score of 8 or higher from IGN in 2023, including <em>five</em> games we awarded 10s. Click through the gallery for our final list of the best-reviewed games of 2023.

<h3>Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp</h3><b>Review score: 8</b><br><br><b>From our review:</b> With nicely redone graphics and excellent music bringing the classic turn-based tactical action up to modern standards, Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp is a great return for this long-neglected series and gives me hope for a follow-up that includes the DS games. While there isn’t much variety in the game modes, Advance Wars’ depth comes from the number of variables you can adjust to make every match feel unique. The biggest miss is the lack of multiplayer matchmaking, which makes it harder to get into a game than it ought to be in 2023, but at least you can play online. Playing against the AI will keep me interested in the short term, but I predict the inability to play against random opponents online will limit my spontaneous play sessions. However, the sheer number of maps, playable COs, and options for each match means that when I do, it's sure to be a unique experience. – Jada Griffin

84 IMAGES
<h3>Age of Wonders 4</h3><b>Review score: 8</b><br><br><b>From our review:</b> As much as I enjoy building a legacy in a 4X game before starting over to do it all again, the fact that my legacy follows me in Age of Wonders 4 feels much more rewarding. And the faster pace of its very strong campaign mechanics and pretty good tactical battles make it feel like I can write a new chapter of this saga in a reasonable amount of time and still have time to do something else on my day off – especially with the very well-done story realms. Cranking all the dials up to maximum weirdness can lead to some edge cases that ruined my fun a bit, but it's not that big of a price to pay for the vast map and empire customization we get to play with. It really is wonderful. – Leana Hafer
<h3>Amnesia: The Bunker</h3><b>Review score: 8</b><br><br><b>From our review:</b> I can't say Amnesia is still a groundbreaking horror franchise like it was at the beginning. The larger story it was building has already been played out with Rebirth. But Amnesia: The Bunker proves that smaller, anthology-style episodes within its universe can still bring the tension and the scares. And Frictional's bag of tricks is far from exhausted when it comes to getting our hearts pounding and making us carefully consider how to use the limited tools available to us. It's not an unmissable experience, but as an Amnesia fan, it definitely sated my appetite for some gut-churning horror and moody, bleak storytelling. – Leana Hafer
<h3>Arizona Sunshine 2</h3><b>Review score: 8</b><br><br><b>From our review:</b> Time and time again, Arizona Sunshine 2 expertly ramps up the pressure of oncoming hordes of zombies and then rewards you with spectacular gore when your bullets and hatchets connect with rotten faces. Its VR shooting and relatively complex reloading mean you always have to be on your toes and thinking about how many bullets are left in your guns as you blast your way through a lengthy, occasionally poignant story about a man and his new four-legged best buddy. The variety of enemy types is pretty limited for a 15-plus-hour game, but there’s enough light puzzle-solving and climbing mixed in to keep it moving along, and the physics glitches provide as much humor as the one-liners and co-op antics. – Dan Stapleton
<h3>Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon</h3><b>Review score: 8</b><br><br><b>From our review:</b> Armored Core 6 doesn’t look to reinvent the bipedal legs of the mech action genre, but it does update, refine, and polish them to an aggressive shine. Every sortie is a satisfying combat puzzle to solve thanks to fantastic mission design, intense boss encounters, an extremely wide assortment of weapons and parts that can dramatically affect how your mech plays, and excellent, explosive combat that manages to take very complex systems and mechanics and make them easy to understand and execute. Its interesting premise is stifled by bland storytelling told through mission briefings and radio chatter, but this is still nonetheless a welcome return of a classic mecha series.  – Mitchell Saltzman

Fighting Game of the Year
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2
  • Pocket Bravery
  • Street Fighter 6 - WINNER
Racing Game of the Year
  • F-ZERO 99
  • Forza Motorsport - WINNER
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 - Turbocharged
  • LEGO 2K Drive
Role-Playing Game of the Year