VIP
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft's gaming monopoly:
Daniel Craig Monopoly GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

24 Jun 2022
Microsoft's gaming monopoly:
Daniel Craig Monopoly GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

So let them buy up and destabilize more of the 3P market, amirite? 🙄

Anyway yes, Game Pass is failing and this probably also contradicts their words months ago about growth on PC. Also indicates they might've been lying to shareholders in fiscal reports WRT services like Game Pass, misrepresenting actual growth.

Reactions: JAHGamer

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

Anyway yes, Game Pass is failing and this probably also contradicts their words months ago about growth on PC. Also indicates they might've been lying to shareholders in fiscal reports WRT services like Game Pass, misrepresenting actual growth.
Who next, Ubisoft?

I mean Ubisoft are pretty floaty and messy right now?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

It may be true that they grew in PC by giving away more free months of PC GP than they usually give away in multiple promotions they have in different services or products, while at the same time they were losing GP console subs, probably many of them being $1 trials or upgrades that expired and weren't renewed.

One thing compensated the other one and the total number would remain at 25M.

The 3P market was perfectly ok before the MS acquisitions, continues being perfectly ok before the ABK acquisition and will continue ok after the ABK acquisition. In fact, it will benefit the top 3P publishers in their negotiations with platform holders because they'll climb one position in the "most important 3P publishers" ranking with their top competitor now out of the game.

Who next, Ubisoft?

I mean Ubisoft are pretty floaty and messy right now?
Ubisoft said that don't want to sell and signed with Tencent a deal to don't sell during at least a certain amount of years (can't remember if it was 5 or 8). Plus Tencent did help them to protect themselves against hostile takeovers.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
So i was right, Starfield was a flop since it didn't increase gamepass numbers and they still refuse to publish sales

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
So i was right, Starfield was a flop since it didn't increase gamepass numbers and they still refuse to publish sales
These statements probably refer to the trial, i.e. well before Starfield's release.

Not that I think Starfield is going to make an enormous difference here. I wouldn't know, I'm too busy playing Baldur's Gate 3.

D

Deleted member 223

You need to sell ton of hardware in order for it to grow exponentially, and Xbox Series hardware numbers are anemic for a console going into its prime lifecycle. Starfield gave it a boost, just not the big boost it needs and it will fade as there is no consistency, and no trust.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
This court case proved a lot of things we have been telling Xbox fans for years.

- Game Pass is not that successful. If they don't see enough growth then they could be a problem for the service going forward.
- They care about console sales and wanted to win the generation. This goes against the narrative that they don't care about console sales.
- 4 years ago, Xbox fans said Sony couldn't compete with Xbox because they didn't have the cloud infrastructure.
- Exclusives do matter. Xbox fans tried to tell us for years that exclusives didn't matter because the majority of gamers care about multiplat titles

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The point of a loss leader is bringing in a ton of customers. What happens when that doesn't work?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
When that injunction happened? I believe it was few weeks ago? If it is then it is a disaster.
Basically no grow in over a year is really bad.