GameStop bids a final farewell to crypto with the closure of its NFT marketplace

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

GameStop joined a wave of companies and individual celebrities to try and cash in on the height of 2021 and '22's NFT craze, which now feels like it happened in a different century. The company continued to lose revenue, however, and in June of last year CEO Matthew Furlong was terminated. While GameStop has cited regulatory uncertainty in pulling out of the space, it's not even clear anyone even cares enough to regulate crypto anymore⁠.

The failure of numerous so-called stablecoins, the bankruptcy of FTX and the highly publicized prosecution of its founder, Sam Bankman-Fried, as well as the general crash in value of cryptocurrencies and NFTs have led to potentially irreversible reputational damage for the technology

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The whole crypto thing was really bizarre and stupid.
I remember us having a big-brain person in our Discord saying that NFTs were the future and that you'd be stupid not to invest. Funny enough, that big-brain individual still comments in this forum with a holier-than-thou stance.

Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I remember us having a big-brain person in our Discord saying that NFTs were the future and that you'd be stupid not to invest. Funny enough, that big-brain individual still comments in this forum with a holier-than-thou stance.
Sigh, i am sorry, I truly believed shares in Iamacarp.com would take off.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78