Gex Trilogy Gameplay Trailer (PS5 / PS4 / Switch / Steam / Series, Limited Run Games)

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I mean.. not complaining or anything, these are great, but It's kinda sad to see these former (some PS) exclusives making the jump to other platforms now.
Yet, people are still cheerleadering that retro Xbox and Nintendo devices still get to keep exclusives.

Reactions: Shadow2027
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I mean.. not complaining or anything, these are great, but It's kinda sad to see these former (some PS) exclusives making the jump to other platforms now.
Yet, people are still cheerleadering that retro Xbox and Nintendo devices still get to keep exclusives.
Gex was never PS exclusive.
It was first a 3DO six month time-exclusive that was launched after to PS and Saturn.

Plus from all retro games announced today only this one is coming to Xbox :D

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The narrator sounds similar to Duke Nukem voice.>?

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I never liked Gex
2D platformers age really well, but 3D platformers from that era aged like milk.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Gex was never PS exclusive.
It was first a 3DO six month time-exclusive that was launched after to PS and Saturn.

Plus from all retro games announced today only this one is coming to Xbox :D
Wtf why bother with an Xbox release? That money could've gone to charity or been spent on the employee wellbeing programme or some other noble cause.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I never liked Gex
2D platformers age really well, but 3D platformers from that era aged like milk.
My only issue with 3D platforms on PS1 was that I played Mario 64.
Basically made others 3D platforms at time near unplayable.
Plus more if not all of them had serious issues with camera movement... Mario 64 was one of the few that didn't fuck up with the camera (even so some starts where in spots that the camera didn't work at all... so you had to adapt to weird camera angles that you can't even see Mario get them).

Reactions: Box

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
My only issue with 3D platforms on PS1 was that I played Mario 64.
Basically made others 3D platforms at time near unplayable.
Plus more if not all of them had serious issues with camera movement... Mario 64 was one of the few that didn't fuck up with the camera (even so some starts where in spots that the camera didn't work at all... so you had to adapt to weird camera angles that you can't even see Mario get them).
While most 3D platformers were not really good. Crash was great and better than Mario 64.
Anyway, for me, PS1 was all about 2D platformers, JRPGs and Adventure/puzzle/ Horror games.

Reactions: Cool hand luke
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
While most 3D platformers were not really good. Crash was great and better than Mario 64.
Anyway, for me, PS1 was all about 2D platformers, JRPGs and Adventure/puzzle/ Horror games.
Nah... Crash was nowhere close to Mario 64 imo.
It is like comparing a 8/10 game with a 10/10 game.

Plus Crash was not exactly 3D... it had 3D graphics but it had 2D gameplay perspective so you didn't have camera on the gameplay freedom of a 3D game.
You had two type: top-down camera in a corridor or side-camera like a normal 2D platform.

BTW what time that was what we called 2.5D games... 3D graphics with 2D gameplay/perspective.

Mario 64 was fully 3D platform in all sense.