Ghostwire: Tokyo Achieves 6 Million Players Worldwide

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Bethesda and Tango Gameworks have announced that their narrative-driven action adventure, Ghostwire: Tokyo, has achieved over six million players worldwide.

It’s worth emphasizing that this does not mean sales since Game Pass and whatnot are factored in here.

A new illustration was shared to commemorate this achieved feat:

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
This game is trash, got it from PlayStation Plus and deleted after 10 minutes of gameplay. I guess I'm part of that 6 million players.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This game is trash, got it from PlayStation Plus and deleted after 10 minutes of gameplay. I guess I'm part of that 6 million players.

I still cant believe the people behind Silent Hill made this trash

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
6 million played but zero dollars made…

I’m sure it’s a working business plan… 🤣

It’s over. Bethesda is gonna be gamepassed into bankruptcy. RIP

• haha

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I enjoyed the game. Happy for them.

I only gave it like 5 hours when it first debuted on Extra. Before that big update with the Xbox release tho.

I didn’t think it was bad at all to be honest. Just didn’t like how it ended up being a shooter mostly — because options felt limited.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Only 6 millions players after 1 year of sales on PC/PS5 + another year on subs like PS+, Indie Humble and GP across multiple platforms.

Nobody wants to play Zenimax games even for free. That's why Mikami left the studio in a hurry as soon as the reaper MS came in. Wow.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
10 minutes isn’t long enough for this game.

It’s not a game with universal appeal, but it’s a game well worth spending an hour on to see if it clicks for you.

I found it fun, well-written and unique in its combination of modern Japanese horror and Japanese mythology, and the side missions have some really interesting ideas in them.

It isn’t a typical FPS, it’s more of an adventure game in a first-person view, and when approached correctly, which most FPS gamers don’t seem to be able to do when confronted with something that’s not COD, it’s a rewarding and fun game.

• brain

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
10 minutes isn’t long enough for this game.

It’s not a game with universal appeal, but it’s a game well worth spending an hour on to see if it clicks for you.

I found it fun, well-written and unique in its combination of modern Japanese horror and Japanese mythology, and the side missions have some really interesting ideas in them.

It isn’t a typical FPS, it’s more of an adventure game in a first-person view, and when approached correctly, which most FPS gamers don’t seem to be able to do when confronted with something that’s not COD, it’s a rewarding and fun game.
The game is not for me, not my taste. If I'm playing in 1st person I need be holding a gun, only exception is Skyrim.