Glitches, cheats, etc in games.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How do you feel about Glitches, cheats, etc in games that ppl use to level up faster in games?

I mention this because my son recently gave me a gazillion runes after both of us beating Elden Ring DLC naturally without any help. I took them and didnt think much of it since ive already beat the game and dlc abd was just going to use the Runes to up my specs and do a game+. In this circumstance i don't mind it of course if it was a multiplayer focused game i wouldn't even ponder doing it.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
was only relevant for me ps1-ps2 gen, but very fun to break the game.

I spend hundreds of hours with a imported copy of KH2FM with an action replay

Reactions: Gamernyc78

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I don't care in single player games. Level up how you want, it doesn't bother me

in multiplayer it sucks tho. Metroid Prime Hunters was one of y favorite online games ever but because of Nintendo Wifi they couldn't patch out exploits people found and then worst of all hackers became a huge problem.

My favorite thing out there is finding glitches in RE4, it something I've been doing since 2007

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't care in single player games. Level up how you want, it doesn't bother me

in multiplayer it sucks tho. Metroid Prime Hunters was one of y favorite online games ever but because of Nintendo Wifi they couldn't patch out exploits people found and then worst of all hackers became a huge problem.

My favorite thing out there is finding glitches in RE4, it something I've been doing since 2007
I agree but no no in mp games.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
In singleplayer games? Go wild. If people want to glitch trophies or use glitches to get past hard areas, go for it. I won't use them but I don't judge people that do.

Multiplayer? Can't stand it.

I also like glitchless speedruns. But it's fun to watch glitches people come up with to complete games.

• Shake

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Hate them the moment they affect other players in the slightest form (including trophies because you alter the statistics for people who is doing it legitimately)

I dont care when is for singleplayer games and they can be fun. I remember using cheats in The Sims, gta and AoM when I was a kid.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hate them the moment they affect other players in the slightest form (including trophies because you alter the statistics for people who is doing it legitimately)

I dont care when is for singleplayer games and they can be fun. I remember using cheats in The Sims, gta and AoM when I was a kid.
Good point about trophies. I bet some ppl might have not even finished Elden Ring without the Rune glitch buffing their stats up. Flip argument to tht though is casuals wouldnt even be looking up glitches such as the beforementioned so who knows.

• Shake
Reactions: Summer Nightmares