Google unveils the top 10 searched games of 2023 with Hogwarts Legacy leading the way. The Last of Us, Starfield, Baldurs Gate 3 also among the top 10

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
IMO the political hate is undeserved.
It should be at TGA GOTY but got out due the people hating the writer of harry potter books.
The game is really great.

That is some of the issues with ERA... that basically become a cancer for the game industry.

The good part is that even being avoided by the media and awards... it sales and popularity are better than ever.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

View attachment 3271

I have no idea about "Connections" and "Sons of the forest".
7 is "Suika game" written in Japanese (the viral watermelon puzzle).
Surprises to me to see there Atomic Heart and even more PUBG Mobile India.

It's also worth mentioning that TLOU got top 1 in tv shows searches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah and Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I have no idea about "Connections" and "Sons of the forest".
7 is "Suika game" written in Japanese (the viral watermelon puzzle).
Surprises to me to see there Atomic Heart and even more PUBG Mobile India.

It's also worth mentioning that TLOU got top 1 in tv shows searches.
SotF got some games media play when it released, most along the lines of "this is why people are hyped for this game you never heard of."

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
SotF got some games media play when it released, most along the lines of "this is why people are hyped for this game you never heard of."
Just saw its gameplay trailer. Great visuals and a mixture of two concepts that works very well on PC: survival and horror. Then I went to Steamdb and has like 170K reviews (with good score) meaning it sold around 4.2M+ on Steam.

image.png

Reactions: Diah and Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just saw its gameplay trailer. Great visuals and a mixture of two concepts that works very well on PC: survival and horror. Then I went to Steamdb and has like 170K reviews (with good score) meaning it sold around 4.2M+ on Steam.

image.png
You should probably play the first one first but yeah, consensus is that they gave people more of what they wanted. A big under-the-radar good story out of the Steam marketplace.