Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
win4_06.jpg

win4_02.jpg

win4_07.jpg

• The new model has an AMD Ryzen 7 6800U processor with RDNA 2 graphics, which should bring a significant boost in CPU and GPU performance over the Intel Tiger Lake processor with Iris Xe graphics featured in the Win 3.
  • Analog sticks now have hall sensors. They're also now adjustable: users can switch out parts for high-profile or low-profile joysticks.
  • The device is said to have a more ergonomic design with a rounder body and the right analog stick below the action buttons instead of above them.
  • The keyboard will have physical keys rather than the capacitive touch keys on the Win 3. This should make typing much more comfortable.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It looks like sliding phone from the olden days!
I find the keyboard useless but I understand it runs Windows 10 so it probably needed.
MS touch keyboard on Windows 10 is not that good and probably even worst in a small screen.
Seems like it was improved in Windows 11.

BTW I'm loving Windows 11 new design direction ala MacOS.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I have no idea about PC specs, how much can this run/stream in terms of real console-type games?

Initial impression? Looking nice.
Just what the hell are Sony playing at not doing another PSP?

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I have no idea about PC specs, how much can this run/stream in terms of real console-type games?

We have no ideia yet but spec wise it looks to have a better CPU than Steam Desk and needs to see how many cores the GPU has.
Ryzen™ 7 6800U is suppose to have a Radeon 680M with 12 GPU cores.

The previous version GPD Win 3 runs Spider-man at 720p with low-mid settings at 40-60fps... it is an Intel GPU after all.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
For some reason the left analog is in the wrong position like in Xbox, for deformed hands. Other than that it's promising, would be great with a competitive pricing.

We'll have to wait for benchmarks, but I'd say it will run faster than Steamdeck.
I assume you'll be able to put there both Steam OS and Windows and that will run slightly better.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
If other people keep coming along and taking chunks out of Sony's armor bit by bit, think they're in for a harsh PS6.

We have psvr2, but their's is wireless, (for example).

This looks to pretty much be a Vita with L2/R2 and real thumbsticks (and Sony are tracking to embrace PC).

D

Deleted member 51

For some reason the left analog is in the wrong position like in Xbox, for deformed hands. Other than that it's promising, would be great with a competitive pricing.

We'll have to wait for benchmarks, but I'd say it will run faster than Steamdeck.
I assume you'll be able to put there both Steam OS and Windows and that will run slightly better.
The majority of the world actually prefer asymmetrical analog sticks. You can literally Google "symmetrical vs symmetrical analog sticks + poll" and you'll see every single poll vote for Xbox style controller over PlayStation positioned sticks. Your in the minority here

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
The majority of the world actually prefer asymmetrical analog sticks. You can literally Google "symmetrical vs symmetrical analog sticks + poll" and you'll see every single poll vote for Xbox style controller over PlayStation positioned sticks. Your in the minority here
Am I the only one that has no issues with either controller? I switch between the Xbox controller and the Dualsense and they feel the same.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Bullshit, the majority of the world prefer PS over Xbox. Maybe it's because the majority of the world has simmetric hands.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe in the places you used to visit because that makes no sense in overall gamer base.
Unless you have different hands (I mean the left and right hands are different) the sticks should be in the same place for both in a more centric place when the thumb can easy use it.

That is even more noticeable when you use triggers... when you use the others fingers to hit the trigger your thumb move naturally to center of the controller.
When you have the left stick on top-left you have to to move the thumb from the comfort zone to use the left triggers with the others fingers.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar
D

Deleted member 51

Bullshit, the majority of the world prefer PS over Xbox. Maybe it's because the majority of the world has simmetric hands.

Maybe in the places you used to visit because that makes no sense in overall gamer base.
Unless you have different hands (I mean the left and right hands are different) the sticks should be in the same place for both in a more centric place when the thumb can easy use it.

That is even more noticeable when you use triggers... when you use the others fingers to hit the trigger your thumb move naturally to center of the controller.
When you have the left stick on top-left you have to to move the thumb from the comfort zone to use the left triggers with the others fingers.
Copy and paste this into any browser or search engine, "poll symmetrical vs asymmetrical analog sticks" pick literally any poll or site, and report back. Tell me any of your anomalies, if any. I'll be waiting.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I find the keyboard useless but I understand it runs Windows 10 so it probably needed.
MS touch keyboard on Windows 10 is not that good and probably even worst in a small screen.
Seems like it was improved in Windows 11.

BTW I'm loving Windows 11 new design direction ala MacOS.
I got myself a MacBook Pro M1 (with a decent config as everything is built-in)... These things are AMAZING, everything is fast and the battery just won't die unless you do something like 3D rendering. I have yet to ear the fan start!

On the down side, getting accustomed (again) to Mac OS X requires a bit of mental gymnastic.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Copy and paste this into any browser or search engine, "poll symmetrical vs asymmetrical analog sticks" pick literally any poll or site, and report back. Tell me any of your anomalies, if any. I'll be waiting.
The asymmetrical sticks layout always handily wins these polls anywhere they are taken. It's a better layout for direct button access on the right hand. I didn't realize people were still trying to debate this lol...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51
Status
Not open for further replies.