Gran Turismo 7 PS5 - 120Hz Patch - Four New Performance Modes Tested

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They removed RT reflections to archive 120Hz.
Outside that is basically the same IQ.

Seems like the 4k 70-100fps is a showcase.
The looked 120Hz mode drops resoltuion to 1260p to 1440p.

And PD did the best implementation of VRR so far... there is no option to end-user like it always should be and the own PD chooses what is best based on if you have a VRR disply or not.
Quality of life over dumb options here.

BTW game still looks and play the best on PSVR2.
It is a masterpiece PSVR2 game.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Sounds good. But not my thing anymore.
VR all the way. I spend the last week using the new and last DTM car 😢 in vr.
Dear god polyphony for the love of god just give me the m4 and the Aston Martin. That's it that's the full grid.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Best racing game ever. I wish Sony would get their hands on the F1 licence again

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
The game never had RT Reflections in gameplay, only photomode.
The exactly quote…

They're talking about the replays.

RT/Res mode with output at 60 Hz, the game's default, the replays are 30 fps with RT reflections. In all other modes, seems the replays are 60-120 fps but with no RT.

Replays are of course separate from the game's photomode (and scapes.) That always has RT regardless and can be toggled in the advanced settings when taking the pic.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The exactly quote…

Gameplay doesn't offer ray tracing, it never did. Only replays, menus, etc. Original article:

Effectively, when using ray traced reflections, this feature is engaged in basically every scene featuring cars except actual gameplay. Replays, interludes and everything within the menu system uses this feature but the frame-rate is capped at 30fps, while turning off RT removes the performance limit.

And the article from yesterday's video:

While the increase in responsiveness here isn't huge, any frame-rate variations are masked by VRR and it's still an improvement over the stock 60Hz experience, so it's well worth engaging. The only concession is the lack of any ray tracing support, which does make replays look a bit less satisfying than they otherwise would.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Apparently the physics improvements have really elevated steering wheels. You can feel loss of traction on the front under steer by the wheel feedback going softer and pulses of the tyre rubber buckling.

Edit: video describing this…..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Apparently the physics improvements have really elevated steering wheels. You can feel loss of traction on the front under steer by the wheel feedback going softer and pulses of the tyre rubber buckling.
Games such as these you really can't quantify their value, they give you so much and so many hours of gaming.