‘Gran Turismo Sport’ To End of Online Services

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Originally released in 2017 for the PlayStation 4, Polyphony Digital has just announced that Gran Turismo Sport will have its online services officially closed from January 31, 2024. A little before that, on December 1, 2023, Gran Turismo's DLCs Turismo Sport will also no longer be sold on the PlayStation Store.

The online services of the PlayStation®4-exclusive software 'Gran Turismo Sport' will come to an end on 31 January 2024 at 06:00 UTC. Prior to this on 1 December 2023, we will also end the sale of purchasable Downloadable Content from the PlayStation™Store.

After the end of service date, it will no longer be possible to utilise online services such as the Community, Open Lobby, and the Sport mode, nor online features/items such as custom liveries. The offline portions of the game can still be played, including all previously purchased Downloadable Content.

We would like to thank the many users of the Gran Turismo Sport online service since its first launch in 2017. From here on, we will continue to further improve the online services for the currently available title 'Gran Turismo 7' on PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®5 console.

What happens to my 'Garage' cars and my Career progression?​

All existing cars and personalised Car Settings kept in Garage will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock additional cars and items.

What happens to my liveries after online services end on 31 January 2024?​

As Discover requires an online connection, it will no longer be possible to access custom liveries of vehicles, helmets, or racing suits.

Would I be able access all the world circuits?​

Yes, all world circuits will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock selected tracks.

Can I still purchase Downloadable Content from the PlayStation™Store?​

You will no longer be able to purchase Downloadable Content including vehicles, Scapes Content Pack, and Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge from the PlayStation™Store starting on 1 December 2023. All content purchased prior to 1 December 2023 will be accessible after the end of online service.

Are there any in-game items or features I won’t be able to save or access after the end of online services on 31 January 2024?​

• Online Services: It will no longer be possible to utilise online services features such as Community, Open Lobby, Quick Match, and Seasonal Events;
• Mileage Store: It will no longer be possible to purchase items from Mileage Store.
• Trophies: Selected Trophies that require an online connection will no longer be accessible.
• Garage Car Liveries - It will not be possible to access custom liveries once the online service ends. All vehicles with applied liveries will return to their original colour.
Back to the List

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Considering the sequel has been out for years, and it's a PS4 game, 6 years is a good run for Sport.

Damn, I need to buy GT7

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So pretty much unplayable then since it requires the servers for 90% of the game
Err actually no.
Only the Online services will be down... the online saves not so all the progression will be like it was before.

So what is being shutdown?

Online Services: Community, Open Lobby, Quick Match, Seasonal Events... I mean the whole Sport Mode.
Mileage Store: that online store won't be available anymore.
Related trophies to online mode: not available anymore.
Garage Car Liveries: you can't access custom liveries anymore.

You can still play the whole SP content (it requires online connection to save progress).

Reactions: Box
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Err actually no.
Only the Online services will be down... the online saves not so all the progression will be like it was before.

So what is being shutdown?

Online Services: Community, Open Lobby, Quick Match, Seasonal Events... I mean the whole Sport Mode.
Mileage Store: that online store won't be available anymore.
Related trophies to online mode: not available anymore.
Garage Car Liveries: you can't access custom liveries anymore.

You can still play the whole SP content (it requires online connection to save progress).
They should've had an offline mode patch ready for when they shut down the multiplayer since they said the reason it was mandatory always online was because of the multiplayer matches (bullshit it's so people can't edit save files to get the expensive cars that they want you to spend real money on)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They should've had an offline mode patch ready for when they shut down the multiplayer since they said the reason it was mandatory always online was because of the multiplayer matches (bullshit it's so people can't edit save files to get the expensive cars that they want you to spend real money on)
The reason is not the multiplayer…

“The requirement for the online connection isn't specific to the Cafe per se — it's just to prevent cheating overall from people trying to modify the save data, so that's the reason for the online connection,” - Kazunori Yamauchi

It just to prevent cheating and people using modified save data… it is for the single player part too.