Graphics Opinion: Name a game over 5yrs old that can still go toe to toe with a current game released this year 2022.

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

All:

We are reaching a big bottleneck in the industry IMO. While the tech continues to advanced forward with RT and Nanite being the main innovators this generation, many studios haven't caught up yet. As a result, games of old still compare quite favorably to modern games.

Name a game that you played that is over 5yrs old and rivals a game released this year!

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Uncharted 4. Is this cheating ?!
sNc8Wiu.jpg

MsU20HK.jpg

First Horizon also.
And if we stretch it, stuff like Mass Effect 2 or Gears of war 3 or old uncharted games can look very satisfactory even considering todays standards.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Crysis original foliage is still better than most release nowdays.

That is the most older I can go I guess... after that you have games like Uncharted 3/4, TLOU, GT5/GT6/GTS etc that looks great yet.

Well GT5 2010.

GT6 2013.

But I think using GT games is cheating lol

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
I still think Star Wars Battlefront 2015 is one of those big last-gen showcases that if you played it at 4K 60 FPS on PC, it'd still look stunning & would rival many games of today, not necessarily in terms of technology like how much geometry it pushes, or lighting quality like your latest Ray Traced game. But it's just gorgeous even to this day.

Also Uncharted 4 oh man it still looks phenomenal remastered on PS5.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Disagree on Witcher 3. Played through a huge chunk of it about 2 years ago and it looked noticeably dated. Enough so I decided to put on hold until the RT patch... which we are still waiting on

PC version with mods would obviously improve alot though

• Informative
Reactions: LED
Status
Not open for further replies.