Greg Miller - Sources Say Monolith's Wonder Woman Game is in Development Trouble |UP| Monolith posts job for lead gameplay engineer.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Monolith soft have never put out a game that makes me believe they're capable of high budget AAA games development. They are a mid budget AA jrpg dev, idk why anyone would go to them with this project

*e* wrong monolith i guess

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Monolith soft have never put out a game that makes me believe they're capable of high budget AAA games development. They are a mid budget AA jrpg dev, idk why anyone would go to them with this project
I think you are confusing the Nintendo monolith makers of xenoblade chronicles with WB monolith the makers of the middle earth shadow games

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, not surprising. Difficult character to make a game around. Dunno how well it would do either.
You think?. She's a super hero with powers it should not be difficult. Has tons of comics and movies to get inspiration from.

Reactions: Bryank75

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
You think?. She's a super hero with powers it should not be difficult. Has tons of comics and movies to get inspiration from.
The problem even if the game is not facing any problems is no one cares about wonder woman, The first movie was a hit more so because of Gal Gadot than wonder woman being a popular character. On the hierarchy of DC superheroes, Batman And Superman are S tier, then come Green Lantern and Flash, Wonder Woman is at best a B tier hero. This game is 3-4 years too late

Reactions: Bryank75

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Something tells me that they're trying to shoehorn the Nemesis System to work within the context of a Wonder Woman game and it's probably not working out.

But also, it could be other more "normal" things.
Triple AAA open world games can be anything, which also means that well... A lot of ideas are tried out and many of them are just not going to be good. That can sometimes be a lot of work thrown into the trash.
Sometimes (creative)directors/producers are quick to axe stuff but if they're personally enthusiastic about something it can take years before they can be convinced that a creative decision was just not good.
Sometimes it's minor, but sometimes it's a pillar of the game that finally gets thrown out after years and that can be a huge setback.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
I hope it's not the same sources that told him Sony is buying Square Enix.

Since we haven't seen anything of the game except for the 2-year-old announcement teaser, it's obvious that, like 80% of all Xbox games, it was announced too early. It's noticeable anyway that Keighley gave a big appearance to many titles at the TGA that we haven't seen anything of since. Besides Perfect Dark, Ark 2, Wonder Woman, the QD Star Wars Project, Arc Raiders comes to mind, which was announced with a "gameplay" trailer for 2022 and afaik hasn't been seen anywhere since then and hasn't been released either.

They probably don't know themselves why WB Games had to announce Wonder Woman so early. But it was certainly good marketing. For Keighley, such announcements are worth advertising, lots of people watch and react to them (which also benefits Kinda Funny Games and Greg Miller because of cheaply produced content and lots of clicks) and developers/publishers get a few minutes of fame. A new game console can then be announced with a completely fake trailer like the new Xbox and Hellblade 2.

In the future, Keighley should no longer present any obvious CGI trailers and leave that to MS and Sony. This will make his shows shorter and other developers will get more attention. I can hardly wait to see what Keighley shows in the 2+ hour SGF on Friday and how many of the titles will disappear again.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I hope it's not the same sources that told him Sony is buying Square Enix.

Since we haven't seen anything of the game except for the 2-year-old announcement teaser, it's obvious that, like 80% of all Xbox games, it was announced too early. It's noticeable anyway that Keighley gave a big appearance to many titles at the TGA that we haven't seen anything of since. Besides Perfect Dark, Ark 2, Wonder Woman, the QD Star Wars Project, Arc Raiders comes to mind, which was announced with a "gameplay" trailer for 2022 and afaik hasn't been seen anywhere since then and hasn't been released either.

They probably don't know themselves why WB Games had to announce Wonder Woman so early. But it was certainly good marketing. For Keighley, such announcements are worth advertising, lots of people watch and react to them (which also benefits Kinda Funny Games and Greg Miller because of cheaply produced content and lots of clicks) and developers/publishers get a few minutes of fame. A new game console can then be announced with a completely fake trailer like the new Xbox and Hellblade 2.

In the future, Keighley should no longer present any obvious CGI trailers and leave that to MS and Sony. This will make his shows shorter and other developers will get more attention. I can hardly wait to see what Keighley shows in the 2+ hour SGF on Friday and how many of the titles will disappear again.
Wait, its Xbox exclusive? Thats news to me. My assumption is that they'll lean into the Greek myth aspect of the character and have you roaming around Themyscara killing generic Greek-styled monsters.

The game really should be out by now. It feels like Shadow of War was nearly a decade ago.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Season 5 No GIF by The Office