Grounded II: The Making of The Last of Us Part II Trailer

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
"I'm feeling burned out...I can't crunch like I used to"
Just an admittance of years of unnecessary pain from this person because ND just had little production oversight in the traditional way with proper titled producers that are there to specifically make sure things are running smoothly within and between teams. Depending where in the timeline that quote was filmed, they might've crunched some more to push TLoU Part II(unless this was towards the end and talking about the future).

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Oh can't wait to watch this. The first one was a classic.

The let's just kill Joel line kinda annoyed me but I'm sure they did to also troll just a little in the trailer the way they edited it. Either way, it was a dumb decision Naughty Dog.

But this looks intense, curious to see how the leaks unfolded from a inside perspective.

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
Oh can't wait to watch this. The first one was a classic.

The let's just kill Joel line kinda annoyed me but I'm sure they did to also troll just a little in the trailer the way they edited it. Either way, it was a dumb decision Naughty Dog.

But this looks intense, curious to see how the leaks unfolded from a inside perspective.

I love Joel. Still don't think killing him was a dumb decision. Biggest problem was it all leaked and the Internet ran away with it.

Joel actions where always going to have consequences. Two sides to every coin and that.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I love Joel. Still don't think killing him was a dumb decision. Biggest problem was it all leaked and the Internet ran away with it.

Joel actions where always going to have consequences. Two sides to every coin and that.
That part was riveting and made the game for me! I hated but loved it!!!

Reactions: SLB1904

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

The leak definitely set the stage but they knew from the get go the reaction it would cause and the leak took away the shock they were hoping for.

I still think killing him off the way they did and so instant was dumb. At least wrap it up in the trilogy... You dont just waste a character of that magnitude like that... But hey!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

It for sure was going to have consequences. Ellie sort of did not fully believe his ass at the end of Part I judging by her expression and obviously Joel stopped the cure from happening.

Beside, Joel had a metric ton of enemies.
This is why he didn't care when Abby tried to explain why she was doing what she was doing, she could've been part of any number of factions or group that Joel fucked over the years, his luck just simply had run out, which is something he actually said in the first game(pre-Tess' death).

Honestly same. I was never that mad about it. Although this might just be because of my background. I've read Post-Apoc literature enough to know that your heroes ain't safe for shit. I expected him to die in Part II, simply because of the way Part I ended. Although, this is different for games, usually protagonists don't die, because they've got sequels to sell. Some gamers clearly felt greatly betrayed, probably because its a very uncommon thing to do in the medium.

The worse of that thinking was people who said "Why did he die like a dog and not like a hero!"
Brehs, do you know in what world you are in currently? I blame that shit on American action movies culture. Every dude that dies that isn't a villain needs to die in a blaze of glory and for some noble cause, always gotta have some dumb cheesy heroic death. A little bit of variety is good for you, I swear folks.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It for sure was going to have consequences. Ellie sort of did not fully believe his ass at the end of Part I judging by her expression and obviously Joel stopped the cure from happening.

Beside, Joel had a metric ton of enemies.
This is why he didn't care when Abby tried to explain why she was doing what she was doing, she could've been part of any number of factions or group that Joel fucked over the years, his luck just simply had run out, which is something he actually said in the first game(pre-Tess' death).

Honestly same. I was never that mad about it. Although this might just be because of my background. I've read Post-Apoc literature enough to know that your heroes ain't safe for shit. I expected him to die in Part II, simply because of the way Part I ended. Although, this is different for games, usually protagonists don't die, because they've got sequels to sell. Some gamers clearly felt greatly betrayed, probably because its a very uncommon thing to do in the medium.

The worse of that thinking was people who said "Why did he die like a dog and not like a hero!"
Brehs, do you know in what world you are in currently? I blame that shit on American action movies culture. Every dude that dies that isn't a villain needs to die in a blaze of glory and for some noble cause, always gotta have some dumb cheesy heroic death. A little bit of variety is good for you, I swear folks.
Yeah I definitely expected it!

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Exactly. Killing Joel made me feel so angry. I went on a Killing spree with Ellie. When I realise the big picture. I thought to myself, well done naughty dog. Cry babies be damned

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Exactly. Killing Joel made me feel so angry. I went on a Killing spree with Ellie. When I realise the big picture. I thought to myself, well done naughty dog. Cry babies be damned
Lol word you hit it right on the money! It literally emotionally invested me in tht game. It went from being a game to me, to something more personal.

It's like the basement, generator area in part 1. That area cemented that game as a true horror game bcus I was scared as shit and emotionally like WTF is going to happen next. The game was no longer the same for me after that point.

I think they are geniuses.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

That's like saying Nathan Drake or Kratos had it coming because he killed those random NPCs. Or Mario killed those goombas.

They had one of the most iconic protagonist after only 1 game and they threw it all away for shock value. Joel was up there with Kratos as a PS mascot. It will forever be a dumb decision.

Ellie is not strong enough to support the franchise.

I bet they will rewrite everything for the TV show because that shit was dumb nonsense.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's like saying Nathan Drake or Kratos had it coming because he killed those random NPCs. Or Mario killed those goombas.

They had one of the most iconic protagonist after only 1 game and they threw it all away for shock value. Joel was up there with Kratos as a PS mascot. It will forever be a dumb decision.

I bet they will rewrite everything for the TV show because that shit was dumb nonsense.
I respect everyone's opinion but nah I see Ellie as a bad ass now. I can get behind her as opposed to someone like Atreus which I still can't if Kratos were to die.

• noneofmybizz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Exactly! People keep acting like it was genius writing lol. No it was a cheap trope for shock value and so Neil could get back to the original cross country revenge concept he had in mind for the original before Bruce pushed back on it.

Bruce himself said back in 2016 he believes the concept of killing off the main characters in their games feels cheap.

I really dunno how they're gonna manage the show season 2 but I'm very anxious to see the reactions.

• they're_right_you_know