Hades 2 Technical Test Announced

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

About the Hades II Technical Test​

We're conducting the Hades II Technical Test prior to our Early Access launch to help us find and solve any technical issues we might have missed thus far, to ensure anyone who tries Hades II in Early Access can have a smooth play experience from the start. The Technical Test contains much less content than what's in store for the Early Access launch, and may be available only to a relatively small subset of players who express interest in participating.

How to Sign Up​

We are using Steam Playtest to run the Hades II Technical Test. If you'd like to be considered for participation, you can sign up right now simply by heading to the Hades II Steam page, and clicking the button marked 'Request Access'.

If you're a content creator, you may also request a key using Keymailer, though please note that due to the nature of the Technical Test, we may not be able to honor all such requests.

Who Gets to Participate​

A subset of players who request access will be invited to participate via an email from Steam with download instructions. We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. Once we're sufficiently confident that things are stable, we'll wind down the Technical Test, then launch in Early Access on Steam and the Epic Games Store relatively soon after.As the purpose of the Technical Test is to test the game with a relatively small audience, we may not be able to honor individual requests to participate. We will do our best to conduct the Technical Test as expeditiously as possible, then launch in Early Access, at which point the game will be available for anyone to purchase and play.

Last edited:

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Another timed PC exclusive 🤔. Wonder when the talking bobble heads in the media will point this out, they love to go after Sony for theirs 🙄

Maybe Sony could also have had this technical test and Hades 2 in early access if the backend allowed it and Sony wasn't so strict on early access.

Steams backend is super easy to use, which allows such technical tests in the first place, not even Epic Store that will also be selling Hades 2 in early access will have this techincal test.

24 Jun 2022
Maybe Sony could also have had this technical test and Hades 2 in early access if the backend allowed it and Sony wasn't so strict on early access.

Steams backend is super easy to use, which allows such technical tests in the first place, not even Epic Store that will also be selling Hades 2 in early access will have this techincal test.

I'm aware that could've been the case, and have mentioned that Sony should be more lax with their Early Access requirements. But it'd also require them to probably revise parts of their refund system.

Just pointing it out tho that for all the "exclusives are bad" plebs out around the internet who always want to blame PlayStation for being "anti-consumer" due to exclusives...well they just seem to be completely oblivious about the leagues of exclusives (both full & timed) on PC platforms like Steam. You don't see these people complaining about that kind of exclusivity, only when Sony does it.

I wonder why 🤔?...

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm aware that could've been the case, and have mentioned that Sony should be more lax with their Early Access requirements. But it'd also require them to probably revise parts of their refund system.

Just pointing it out tho that for all the "exclusives are bad" plebs out around the internet who always want to blame PlayStation for being "anti-consumer" due to exclusives...well they just seem to be completely oblivious about the leagues of exclusives (both full & timed) on PC platforms like Steam. You don't see these people complaining about that kind of exclusivity, only when Sony does it.

I wonder why 🤔?...
Steam doesn't pay for those. They've just conned people into believing there's a high paying market there and/or they've provided an early access framework so devs can test/sell unfinished games.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
Another timed PC exclusive 🤔. Wonder when the talking bobble heads in the media will point this out, they love to go after Sony for theirs 🙄
Exclusives are needed 😉
I need stuff to play on my PC's and my consoles.
For example... xbox not having exclusives=no point in existing.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
Steam doesn't pay for those. They've just conned people into believing there's a high paying market there and/or they've provided an early access framework so devs can test/sell unfinished games.
Yeah, there is a HUGE market and it's easy for developers to put their games up for testing/early access, etc. Win-win for both the developer and the consumer, and that's what Steam is about.