Halo Infinite's multiplayer lead has joined Bungie as Gameplay Design Director on Marathon

24 Jun 2022
Is this good news or bad news? People generally say the gunplay in Halo Infinite is actually very good, so I hope this person was mainly in charge of that aspect and not, say, content planning or player sync (lots of reports in the first few months of Infinite where player desync in MP was horrendous).

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Is this good news or bad news? People generally say the gunplay in Halo Infinite is actually very good, so I hope this person was mainly in charge of that aspect and not, say, content planning or player sync (lots of reports in the first few months of Infinite where player desync in MP was horrendous).
I'm by no means a halo fan but it's fun. Responsive controls. It's a fun little arena shooter. It's everything else that's the issue so this might be a good thing.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Rainbow Six's Gameplay Designer Joins Bungie As Gameplay Design Director On Marathon. is the better title to go with. Not sure why OP with the less attractive title of the two

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Rainbow Six's Gameplay Designer Joins Bungie As Gameplay Design Director On Marathon. is the better title to go with. Not sure why OP with the less attractive title of the two

His Twitter page lost the following:

Gameplay Design @MarathonTheGame Fmr @FortniteGame, @Halo MP Lead, @Rainbow6Game Gameplay Designer

He’s not the only one that’s jumped over from 343 over the last few years. It’s a natural fit seeing how many would be somewhat familiar with tools and engine since slipspace is just another branch of tiger.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
His Twitter page lost the following:

Gameplay Design @MarathonTheGame Fmr @FortniteGame, @Halo MP Lead, @Rainbow6Game Gameplay Designer

He’s not the only one that’s jumped over from 343 over the last few years. It’s a natural fit seeing how many would be somewhat familiar with tools and engine since slipspace is just another branch of tiger.
Well Bungie actively tried scouting many 343 devs after the mass lay off, so I'm not surprised by this.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Good or bad news? I guess he found a job, so that's good... On the other hand Halo:I wasn't top tier, so not so good.
Martin Lawrence Tommy GIF by Martin