Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast have "about 40" video game projects in the works | Hasbro is looking to work with Larian again

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fe6d27a9d-76b2-4491-8c85-e6855c53ac53_3840x2160.jpeg

Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast have around 40 video game projects in development across internal studios and partnerships, part of a super-charged plan by the toy-maker to go big with video games, executives at the company tell Game File.

“We are aggressively investing in that space, seeking the best partners in the world to work with on interesting experiences on every platform, in every genre,” Eugene Evans, the company’s senior vice president of digital strategy and licensing, told me recently, during an interview on the 54th floor of a Las Vegas hotel at the DICE conference.

Regarding its video games, Hasbro had a 2023 to brag about.

Baldur’s Gate III, made by external partner Larian Studios, was one of the best-reviewed and biggest PC/console hits of the year (“I was hanging out with them last night,” Evans said of Larian. Does he want to make more games with them? “I hope that we will be able to continue to work with them.”)

Source

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Fuck yeah. Give me more of that world. Picked up beamdog's shitty ports but itching to play BG1/2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment (again) as soon as I find time.